BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum BMW G07 (X7) "Auto Lane Change" Coding Help

09-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528i, 2019 BMW X7 40i

BMW G07 (X7) "Auto Lane Change" Coding Help

Hi Fellow Bimmers,
I need a help with enabling "Auto Lane Change", I followed the instructions in this videos ...

1. Under BDC changed SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT to Acktiv

2. Under HU_MGU changed SPURWECHSELASSISTENT to gen1

For Step-3, in the video it was mentioned that I need to code SAS2 Module, but in my X7 I can't find SAS2 module. I can only see SAS3 Module and I can't find C_SWA_VORHAWDEN

Am I Doing something wrong ?

FYI: Mine is 03/2019 with DAP and has 07.2020.35 version software.
I really appreciate your help and time...

Sorry for Separate Thread, I thought it would help other who wants to enable this feature ...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 01:08 AM   #2
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Which launcher are you using? Launcher Pro 3.7 or latest esysx? Which version of psdzdata? You should be on the latest 4.25.21

When your car was upgraded to i-step 07/2020.x the SAS module was upgraded from SAS2 to SAS3 (42C1).

The code is C_SWA_Vorhanden

If you cannot see the code then you probably have a launcher issue i.e. too old to see the mappings.

Last edited by ifr; 09-18-2020 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 08:43 AM   #3
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Which launcher are you using? Launcher Pro 3.7 or latest esysx? Which version of psdzdata? You should be on the latest 4.25.21

When your car was upgraded to i-step 07/2020.x the SAS module was upgraded from SAS2 to SAS3 (42C1).

The code is C_SWA_Vorhanden

If you cannot see the code then you probably have a launcher issue i.e. too old to see the mappings.
Yes I am using LauncherPRO 3.7.0315, Esys 3.34 and PSdZData_Lite 4.25.21 I can see SAS3 Module but I don't see C_SWA_Vorhanden?
If you have 07/2020.35 software in your X7 can you double check for me ?
Thanks in advance ...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krislovesbmw View Post
Yes I am using LauncherPRO 3.7.0315, Esys 3.34 and PSdZData_Lite 4.25.21 I can see SAS3 Module but I don't see C_SWA_Vorhanden?
If you have 07/2020.35 software in your X7 can you double check for me ?
Thanks in advance ...
I'm using esysx on a G05 (coding is usually the same) and its definitely there. Check your cafd matches mine and ensure LP isnt trimming the code. Trimmed codes usually appear in the same order in the tree, but just arent obvious what they are.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep

Ok Sure I will check these and keep this thread posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 06:35 PM   #6
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep

Update: I reconnected the Esys today and straightaway I went to the SAS3 module and today I was able to see C_SWA_VORHAWDEN but the interesting thing is I saw Nr001_Vorhawden already enabled, yesterday also when I was trying first 2 steps... those options also Aktive and gen1 were already present. Not sure how these were already enabled in first place.

Testing Lane Change: I took the vehicle to semi highway with two lanes and driver assistance enabled and try to change the lane. I didn't get any lane change animation or vehicle also didn't change the lane. will it only work in multi-lane road and vehicles identified in other lanes? please let me know what is expected behavior....
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 03:42 AM   #7
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Update: I reconnected the Esys today and straightaway I went to the SAS3 module and today I was able to see C_SWA_VORHAWDEN but the interesting thing is I saw Nr001_Vorhawden already enabled, yesterday also when I was trying first 2 steps... those options also Aktive and gen1 were already present. Not sure how these were already enabled in first place.

Testing Lane Change: I took the vehicle to semi highway with two lanes and driver assistance enabled and try to change the lane. I didn't get any lane change animation or vehicle also didn't change the lane. will it only work in multi-lane road and vehicles identified in other lanes? please let me know what is expected behavior....
You need to enable the option in idrive 'driver assistance '

Usually doesn't work on non-motorways. Test on a 3 lane highway

Also, when changing lanes only press the stalk to just before the first click then release
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 10:27 AM   #8
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:

Also, when changing lanes only press the stalk to just before the first click then release
Thats the key, turn signal has to be one touch then it shifts the lane and I can see the animation as well.

Does anyone have steps for enabling Sports+ Mode ? or can refer me to the page/link with details.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #9
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thats the key, turn signal has to be one touch then it shifts the lane and I can see the animation as well.

Does anyone have steps for enabling Sports+ Mode ? or can refer me to the page/link with details.
Jo posted the codes for sport+ etc here:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25064016

They are in cheat sheet format but the xml can be manually reviewed for manual FDL coding.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 02:47 AM   #10
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep

Wow ...quite bit learning here and very useful.
I am resaving here so that others can benefited to enable Sport+ mode Under HU_MGU Module set FES_SPORT_EXPERT to AKTIV. Zoo do this you can use Esys or BimmerCode expert mode.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 02:54 AM   #11
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Wow ...quite bit learning here and very useful.
I am resaving here so that others can benefited to enable Sport+ mode Under HU_MGU Module set FES_SPORT_EXPERT to AKTIV. Zoo do this you can use Esys or BimmerCode expert mode.
I don't see the benefit in posting the odd unrelated code here or there in a thread about auto lane change.

Also, your coding isn't complete as that only activates the idrive menu option. There is also coding needed in BDC.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 03:02 AM   #12
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
I don't see the benefit in posting the odd unrelated code here or there in a thread about auto lane change.

Also, your coding isn't complete as that only activates the idrive menu option. There is also coding needed in BDC.
Oh really... sorry about that... what's the option in BDC I am missing ? I wish the cheat sheet can be little more understandable for non-geeks...

May be this ... under BDC_Body FesSportWorldMode1 change it to SportExpert ??

Also I came across these options in different forum for "Hands Off" .... has anyone enabled them in their X7 ? which option does it enable ?

HU_MGU\Lenkassistent_DCS enabled (this one was already enabled in my X7 not sure how )
SAS2(or SAS3)\C_HOO_Vorhanden: vorhanden (i had it as UNK_PARAM_0 and changed it to "vorhanden")

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Last edited by Krislovesbmw; 09-21-2020 at 03:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 04:26 AM   #13
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh really... sorry about that... what's the option in BDC I am missing ? I wish the cheat sheet can be little more understandable for non-geeks...

May be this ... under BDC_Body FesSportWorldMode1 change it to SportExpert ??

Also I came across these options in different forum for "Hands Off" .... has anyone enabled them in their X7 ? which option does it enable ?

HU_MGU\Lenkassistent_DCS enabled (this one was already enabled in my X7 not sure how )
SAS2(or SAS3)\C_HOO_Vorhanden: vorhanden (i had it as UNK_PARAM_0 and changed it to "vorhanden")

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
No worries.

Yep that's the one.

You should already have those 2 codes (steering assist with the driver camera system, and Hands Off Option) set if you have a US vehicle.

They are part of 5AR which is the extended TJA. US vehicles have them coded on by default if you have DAP and 5AR in your FA which you should have.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #14
Krislovesbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
No worries.

Yep that's the one.

You should already have those 2 codes (steering assist with the driver camera system, and Hands Off Option) set if you have a US vehicle.

They are part of 5AR which is the extended TJA. US vehicles have them coded on by default if you have DAP and 5AR in your FA which you should have.
Thank you very much and one more final question on eTJA...

What should be the value for C_HOO_Vorhanden ? mine was set at "UNK_PARAM_0" other values were "vorhanden" and "nicht_vorhanden". I changed it to "vorhanden"

Not sure what is "UNK_PARAM_0", mine has DAP and eTJA should have been enabled from factory.

Can anyone check what is the default for vehicles with eTJA ?

Thank You
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:57 AM   #15
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thank you very much and one more final question on eTJA...

What should be the value for C_HOO_Vorhanden ? mine was set at "UNK_PARAM_0" other values were "vorhanden" and "nicht_vorhanden". I changed it to "vorhanden"

Not sure what is "UNK_PARAM_0", mine has DAP and eTJA should have been enabled from factory.

Can anyone check what is the default for vehicles with eTJA ?

Thank You
Your mappings are not visible because you are using launcher pro. It's mappings are poor.

The configuration is different depending on your vehicle build date so just leave as is. If you didnt have eTJA it would be set to not active.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 10:05 AM   #16
AUH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 xDrive 40i

Hi all
Is this possible to do with BimmerCode app or requires the laptop?
Appreciate 0