BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-17-2020, 12:54 AM   #1
boss1107
Rep
Drives: X4

Hi Gents,
I am in the market for custom order of 2021 model and wondering if it is possible for BMWNA to distribute new finance incentives for 2021 models from Oct 2020. Currently, they are offering only for 2020 models. Also, Dose anyone remember the existence of the incentives for 2020 models on last Oct?

Thank you for reading my post!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
usedtobecool
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

I am in the same boat as you so I'm looking for any hints as to when the best time to buy is in the next few months. Based on the BMWNA twitter account, they started a "road home" holiday sale event November 1st of last year that gave an additional $4500 off select new cars. By the looks of the ads, the X3 was included. This stretched until December 2nd, but was then replaced by a sales event of the same name that also offered $4500 credit and went until January 2nd

As far as financing, I'm not sure if we will see a drop or not by the end of the year, but I'm hopeful. Personally, I'll be waiting until end of November or December to try to get a deal since I'd imagine there will be pressure to pad end of month (and especially year) sales numbers given the economy.

This is the first new BMW I have ever purchased so I have no idea what the normal cycle could be, but I'm sure someone out there might know what Q4 usually brings
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
sbt007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
you can check edmunds lease forums for 2020 X3 and see how the lease incentives progressed. While the finance incentives are different (and last year it was quite a bit more than lease), but this gives an idea of the trend. Will they have 4500 rebates again is unclear. But Nov/Dev should bring something.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #4
TX3M
Car guy
Rep

BMW doesn't give any hint about future incentives. Obviously, they want to sell cars at the highest possible price, so if they know you want to buy a car and the incentives are going to be better the following month they don't want you to know that and postpone your purchase. I asked my sales advisor "off the record" at the end of August if he knew what the September incentives would be, and he said "They don't tell us until the 1st of the month".
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 05:01 PM   #5
MichiganMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
It was suggested to me that December is often a good month for incentives on a new BMW.
Historically, BMW will also offer attractive incentives in the Spring to begin clearing out inventory.

If the next year's model will benefit from significant changes such as due to a LCI, incentives are likely to be more attractive as the introduction of the new model approaches. The 2022 X3 is expected to be a LCI model.

If inventory is short on a particular model or trim, incentives often are not as rich.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:04 PM   #6
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss1107 View Post
Hi Gents,
I am in the market for custom order of 2021 model and wondering if it is possible for BMWNA to distribute new finance incentives for 2021 models from Oct 2020. Currently, they are offering only for 2020 models. Also, Dose anyone remember the existence of the incentives for 2020 models on last Oct?

Thank you for reading my post!!
I was told a few days ago by a BMW salesman that there is a $2500 financing incentive and a $750 loyalty incentive. You have to finance at least $15K. And there is 1.9% financing. If BMW decides to offer $4500 towards a new X3 then would they increase the financing to maybe 2.9%? It's all a numbers game. I'm all ready to order but wonder if I should wait till Oct or Nov. I would think that sales must be a little soft with huge unemployment numbers and COVID uncertainties.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #7
doctorttt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G06

Edmunds is the best source for this kind of information. I asked people on Edmunds about the lease incentives for my zip code for September 2020.

36/10
.00099 MF
57% residual
1750 lease rebate
750 loyalty
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
StellersJay
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobecool View Post
I am in the same boat as you so I'm looking for any hints as to when the best time to buy is in the next few months. Based on the BMWNA twitter account, they started a "road home" holiday sale event November 1st of last year that gave an additional $4500 off select new cars. By the looks of the ads, the X3 was included. This stretched until December 2nd, but was then replaced by a sales event of the same name that also offered $4500 credit and went until January 2nd

As far as financing, I'm not sure if we will see a drop or not by the end of the year, but I'm hopeful. Personally, I'll be waiting until end of November or December to try to get a deal since I'd imagine there will be pressure to pad end of month (and especially year) sales numbers given the economy.

This is the first new BMW I have ever purchased so I have no idea what the normal cycle could be, but I'm sure someone out there might know what Q4 usually brings
Literal same boat - 1st BMW, Bay Area, flexible on timing - although i was never cool. Combed quite a few forums and looks like finance credit peaks in Nov/Dec and plateaus through the end of the following model year.

I do wonder about interest rates since i plan to finance, will we see the prevailing 1.9% on 2021’s drop to .9%? I’m assuming their interest rates are more closely tied to the risk free rate vs. the size of the finance credit.

Looks like last Nov/Dec got as low as 2.9%, since rates are lower this year there’s at least hope. Finally, chatted with a few Bay Area dealers who confirmed Dec is the best time to buy (take that with a grain of salt of course).
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 04:57 PM   #9
sbt007
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman50 View Post
I was told a few days ago by a BMW salesman that there is a $2500 financing incentive and a $750 loyalty incentive. You have to finance at least $15K. And there is 1.9% financing. If BMW decides to offer $4500 towards a new X3 then would they increase the financing to maybe 2.9%? It's all a numbers game. I'm all ready to order but wonder if I should wait till Oct or Nov. I would think that sales must be a little soft with huge unemployment numbers and COVID uncertainties.
You would be surprised. Less homes in inventory, so home prices are up in many areas. More people want to buy cars to avoid public transit, so used car prices are up. I got at least 1K more for my trade in than I expected. When my custom order M40i came in, it got listed in the inventory and someone called the dealer within a few hours trying to buy it. And here is the kicker: had to drive out of town last month to pick up a 20 inch bike for my kid because all local ones are sold out (supply chain disruption earlier in the year created backlog). Things might change later in the year though.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2020, 08:09 PM   #10
Little tomato
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 xDrive 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbt007 View Post
You would be surprised. Less homes in inventory, so home prices are up in many areas. More people want to buy cars to avoid public transit, so used car prices are up. I got at least 1K more for my trade in than I expected. When my custom order M40i came in, it got listed in the inventory and someone called the dealer within a few hours trying to buy it. And here is the kicker: had to drive out of town last month to pick up a 20 inch bike for my kid because all local ones are sold out (supply chain disruption earlier in the year created backlog). Things might change later in the year though.
Funny-my 2021 X3 Custom order was listed for a couple days on website as “in transit”. I got nice discount from MSRP and basically match Carvana offer on my trade. Got 1.9% financing. Overall pleased with deal. My CA delivered about 4 cars I knew that day AND my car was at dealer 2-3 days before I picked up. Arrived Tuesday, I picked up Fri.

Historically Dec is best time, IIRC from past as BMW & MB try to claim who sold the most. However, who knows with COVID. One dealership I had been emailing with didn’t really follow up although referral from someone else. So, business not bad in South FL.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:09 PM   #11
doctorttt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorttt View Post
Edmunds is the best source for this kind of information. I asked people on Edmunds about the lease incentives for my zip code for September 2020.

36/10
.00099 MF
57% residual
1750 lease rebate
750 loyalty
I'm writing again to confirm above. Wife and I completed the preliminary paperwork today and we will pick up the G01 on Monday.

MSRP: $49,385
Discount: -4,500 (Pre-incentives)
Lease rebate: $1,750
Loyalty: $750
BMW corporate coupon: $500 (I went to a BMW event in August and received an OL code)
Money factor: .00099
Residual: 57%
Tax: 8.875%
Terms: 36/10
Monthly payment: $450

On delivery, wife and I will pay the following:
- $450 (first lease payment)
- $925 bank/acquisition fee
- $75 standard documentation fee in NY state
- $22.50 standard fees in NY state including tire fee
- ~$1,850 lease tax. We're paying it all upfront
- $300 new registration and plate fees
Appreciate 1
kscarrol8912.00
      09-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #12
MrSo0h0o
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Volvo XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorttt View Post
I'm writing again to confirm above. Wife and I completed the preliminary paperwork today and we will pick up the G01 on Monday.

MSRP: $49,385
Discount: -4,500 (Pre-incentives)
Lease rebate: $1,750
Loyalty: $750
BMW corporate coupon: $500 (I went to a BMW event in August and received an OL code)
Money factor: .00099
Residual: 57%
Tax: 8.875%
Terms: 36/10
Monthly payment: $450

On delivery, wife and I will pay the following:
- $450 (first lease payment)
- $925 bank/acquisition fee
- $75 standard documentation fee in NY state
- $22.50 standard fees in NY state including tire fee
- ~$1,850 lease tax. We're paying it all upfront
- $300 new registration and plate fees
9.1% pre-incentives. Could try and push for another 1% as brokers on LH are offering 10-10.5%.

Any particular reason you are paying taxes up front? Leasing it's usually advised to roll taxes in just in case the vehicle is totaled, you don't get that money back.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:32 PM   #13
doctorttt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSo0h0o View Post
9.1% pre-incentives. Could try and push for another 1% as brokers on LH are offering 10-10.5%.

Any particular reason you are paying taxes up front? Leasing it's usually advised to roll taxes in just in case the vehicle is totaled, you don't get that money back.
Yes, I knew I could push for 10%. It was okay because the same sales gave me 10% pre-incentive on my G06 several months ago. Also, I was (and am still) busy with work so I didn't want to waste more time on negotiation. Wife wanted to get rid of her existing Mazda asap and was complaining about me spending too much time here and there just for a few hundred bucks.

Yes, I'm aware that I won't get the money back if the car is totaled. Paying the tax upfront or spreading it to the monthly payment is just a personal preference, I guess. We just want to keep the monthly payment at $450 and plan to pay the upfront from the trade in.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 12:33 AM   #14
usedtobecool
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeiny View Post
Literal same boat - 1st BMW, Bay Area, flexible on timing - although i was never cool. Combed quite a few forums and looks like finance credit peaks in Nov/Dec and plateaus through the end of the following model year.

I do wonder about interest rates since i plan to finance, will we see the prevailing 1.9% on 2021’s drop to .9%? I’m assuming their interest rates are more closely tied to the risk free rate vs. the size of the finance credit.

Looks like last Nov/Dec got as low as 2.9%, since rates are lower this year there’s at least hope. Finally, chatted with a few Bay Area dealers who confirmed Dec is the best time to buy (take that with a grain of salt of course).
I can't say in good conscience I was ever that cool either, usedtobecool(er) would be more appropriate lol. Thought it was appropriate since I used to be on 3 and M3 forums years ago, but now drive an MPG-mobile and am back on a BMW forum to score my wife an X3.

I feel like rates will at the very least stay stable through the end of the year, but I'd imagine we will have to see a drop to 0.9 or some sort of large financing credit in November or December like you mentioned.

Are you ordering yours or hoping to buy off the lot? The SA I met with a couple weekends ago said that timelines are about 6-8 weeks for new orders right now. So if I want it before the end of the year, it's best to order in mid-October. I think I'll probably hold off until at least then so that I know the car will be arriving in December and I can then get the December incentives. I know some dealers claim you can lock in current incentives and trade them out for any month's incentives between order and delivery, but I'm not sure how universal that is.

In any case, if you find a good dealer or have any local info to share, please do and so will I!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #15
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2021 X3 M40i

Has anyone found out if the incentives will change in October? Stay same? Currently it's a $2500 financing rebate plus $750 loyalty and 1.9% finance.
Appreciate 0