BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > 2017 bmw m2 n55

09-04-2020, 04:47 AM   #1
methM2
M2onMeTH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

So I'm stock tune, never have had a boost leak, recently got my VRSF Chargepipe and intercooler installed and got good solid hard boost, I'm talking i beat a stock m4 boosting, car never felt better for about 2 days till i down shifted into a red light and heard a loud whooshing noise of air? Any ideas instantly thought boost leak so checked IC pipes, CP pipes, a few vacuum lines, meth bung whole on CP, nothing everything deal tight. Here's what it sounds like. I have stock intake btw lol. It's sounds like an Evanturi intake lol, anyone know how to post videos i have a video of it.
      09-12-2020, 01:54 AM   #2
cpow99
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 / 2017 F87

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
2015 X5M  [0.00]
Youtube it and post the link.
Appreciate 1
methM20.00
      09-12-2020, 07:28 AM   #3
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c 2019 M3cs

Your stock tuned m2 with a charge pipe and intercooler beat a tuned S55 M4 of any kind.... I’m sorry brother. That’s not really possible.

Also I’m not aware of any reason you mods would increase you power or boost levels by any measurable amount.

My m2C has a stage one tune making over 500whp with everything else being stock except for the exhaust and haven’t had any issues with cooling or boost at all. Even at the track.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
methM2
M2onMeTH
United_States
Rep

Here's the noise of the air i hear releasing, it wasn't like this the first two days

09-12-2020, 02:00 PM   #5
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by methM2 View Post
That doesn't sound right to me. I had to have locktight put on one of the ports on the vrsf charge pipe, probably the meth port because it came loose there and was making less power and a wooshing noise.
Appreciate 1
methM20.00
      09-13-2020, 06:58 PM   #6
methM2
M2onMeTH
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
That doesn't sound right to me. I had to have locktight put on one of the ports on the vrsf charge pipe, probably the meth port because it came loose there and was making less power and a wooshing noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
I took out the VRSF Meth bung port and put a screw in with Locite thread seal non permanent and the power is some what there but the noise still loud?
      09-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #7
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

A boost leak doesn't sound like that. With a boost leak you will hear boost leaking when you're on the throttle. Yours sounds like normal diverter valve sounds that happen when you let off the throttle while in boost.

Yours sounds normal to me. At like 0:15 seconds you'll hear mine make the same sounds on downshift. And if you fast forward to 0:36 you'll the intake mic isolated.

My guess is the charge pipe made the volume of yours louder. The OEM plastic pipes I believe muffle the sound.

Appreciate 1
methM20.00
      09-13-2020, 07:36 PM   #8
methM2
M2onMeTH
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
A boost leak doesn't sound like that. With a boost leak you will hear boost leaking when you're on the throttle. Yours sounds like normal diverter valve sounds that happen when you let off the throttle while in boost.

Yours sounds normal to me. At like 0:15 seconds you'll hear mine make the same sounds on downshift. And if you fast forward to 0:36 you'll the intake mic isolated.

My guess is the charge pipe made the volume of yours louder. The OEM plastic pipes I believe muffle the sound.

Sounds very similar but i have stock intake though, all i have is Chargepipe and intercooler, i just did gapped spark plugs and car runs great but i feel like that noise is a boost leak or bad diverter valve so i could be boost in harder, that noise came outta no where one night, bad diverter valve? you don't think?
      09-13-2020, 08:20 PM   #9
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Sounds very similar but i have stock intake though, all i have is Chargepipe and intercooler, i just did gapped spark plugs and car runs great but i feel like that noise is a boost leak or bad diverter valve so i could be boost in harder, that noise came outta no where one night, bad diverter valve? you don't think?
Like I said above, I think it's normal and that getting rid of the plastic charge pipe and intercooler is letting more of the sound come through. Perhaps the metal pipes are even amplifying the sound by reflection instead of absorbing it. It doesn't sound like a boost leak at all to me. Boost leak you will hear on throttle, not so much when letting off of it.

That's just my thoughts and I could be wrong.
Appreciate 0