BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum REQUEST: Can someone please visit BMW Welt to study the X7 Dark Shadow Edition?

09-01-2020, 12:42 AM   #1
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

REQUEST: Can someone please visit BMW Welt to study the X7 Dark Shadow Edition?

Would any member here on Bimmerpost be willing to make a run to BMW Welt? They have an X7 Dark Shadow limited edition model on display there. Those of us that have place pre-orders (now closed), would like to see more of this vehicle, and get opinions on how it looks in real life, before getting locked into the productions that start Q4 2020.

Official information about the model has been limited, with BMW dealers not yet demonstrating an ability to officially give any more info, or answer questions. Some speculation.

Primary purpose of the visit would be to put real human eyes on the vehicle in-person, and give opinions. There are some press release photos on the internet, but would also be great if the person could take additional pictures, particularly of the interior, showing the blue/black leather combination, and the combination of piano black and individual wood with aluminum insert trims together.

Could anyone help out? I'd love to do it myself (I'm one of the pre-order reservations), but especially with COVID, am not able to get to BMW Welt.

For reference, here's the Bimmerpost X7 Dark Shadow thread:
https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1742187

The BMW Welt press release:
https://www.bmw-welt.com/en/experien...ve-luxury.html

And the BMW Welt facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/bmw.welt...10366949015412
(I asked the BMW Welt people if they could help, but they say you have to come in, in person)

If an opportunity arises to ask questions of a knowledgeable BMW official:
- What is the exact configuration of the Dark Shadow model? (and does this vary between delivery countries?)
- To put to rest an unconfirmed unofficial rumor, can order owners ADD to the standard Dark Shadow configuration?
- If the answer to both those questions is that option ZDH, Dynamic Handling Package is not, and can not be part of the Dark Shadow model, why is this specific option left off the otherwise well appointed vehicle? This should be one of the first items added to a limited edition like this

Last edited by Wild Blue; 09-01-2020 at 01:23 AM..
Appreciate 0