BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Niggles after Roadtop Androind/Aftermarket Rear Camera Install

08-02-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
Kryten2340
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d ED Plus (2015)

Niggles after Roadtop Androind/Aftermarket Rear Camera Install

Hello,

I have a 2015 116D with NBT EVO ID4. I have installed a roadtop android box (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...13cb9096d28-10) and an aftermarket rear camera.

After some trial and error (mainly due to it being a pain in the backside to routing the camera cable and feeding into the reverse light wires) it is all working great. However I have a couple of niggles:

1.) I had the battery negative terminal disconnected during part of the work and the idrive date and time has been reset. I cannot set the date and time as it will not save. I've currently got the both battery terminals disconnected and will leave this overnight but failing this not sure how I go about getting the date and time set again. I read on a different thread about a known issue with the date and time being reset and to disconnect the battery negative terminal for 45 mins. I did this but it didn't seem to work as I didn't have to hold up the fob to the dash when turning the ignition on (which I did on the earlier disconnect). This is why I am leaving it disconnected overnight. I can live without the date and time as it shows in Android Auto but it will bug me having the white dashes instead of the time. Bizarrely the trip computer still shows the date.

2.) I have also lost access to BMW Connected. I get an error message something to the effect of service contract ended. Even if I try and connect to the store. Admittedly I rarely use this and probably will never again now I have Android Auto but it would be a nice to have. Again if when I reconnect the battery and it hasn't solved the issue what else can I try?

3.) The roadtop android unit uses the Aux In input on idrive for audio but without the need to actually plug into the Aux In port under the arm rest. This would seem to suggest if I want to use Waze or Google Maps but listen to DAB I would have no sound from Android Auto. Does anyone know a way around this?

4.) The camera is wired direct into the reverse light positive feed (grey/blue cable) and ground (brown) with the trigger light also wired to the reverse light positive feed and the other end of the trigger behind the head unit. Occasionaly when I switch the ignition on I get a warning regarding a reverse light bulb failure which clears when I put the car into reverse. Anything I can do about this?

Its worth adding I have Bimmercode so can perform coding if required.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
Kryten2340
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d ED Plus (2015)

Apologies. Posted in the DIY forum in error.
Appreciate 0