BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum No 360 View??

07-31-2020, 11:33 AM   #1
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

My totally awesome dealership (Perillo Goldcoast) ALWAYS puts us in awesome loaner cars while my 750 is getting serviced. This time we were given a decently optioned out 2020 X7 40i. My overall impression is that the vehicle is pretty superb. Nowhere near the rear legroom as my 750, but that's to be expected with a 3-row SUV. My only real gripe is that BMW didn't make the 360 camera standard equipment in a vehicle this huge. Reminds me of previous gen X-Series vehicles that would come with no backup camera...
      07-31-2020, 01:15 PM   #2
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
My totally awesome dealership (Perillo Goldcoast) ALWAYS puts us in awesome loaner cars while my 750 is getting serviced. This time we were given a decently optioned out 2020 X7 40i. My overall impression is that the vehicle is pretty superb. Nowhere near the rear legroom as my 750, but that's to be expected with a 3-row SUV. My only real gripe is that BMW didn't make the 360 camera standard equipment in a vehicle this huge. Reminds me of previous gen X-Series vehicles that would come with no backup camera...
Agreed. There's a lot of glass in this car, but there are some significant blind spots. What drives me crazy is the lack of an effective rear cross-traffic warning system. I'm in the city, and 90% of the time backing out of my driveway, the car does not alert me to cross traffic. My daughter's $35k Kia has loud audible beeps and shows a directional arrow of the car crossing. The best I get from my X7 is a beep and a little red blob in the corner of the screen.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Parking assistance package
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 09:16 PM   #4
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
Quote:
Parking assistance package
I think he's just saying that it should be standard
Appreciate 0