BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 DIY Guides

07-21-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
Hanks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2015

Install aftermarket AMP and Sub to Bang and Olufsen

There is a tutorial here by any chance? I have an LC2i, but I'm not sure which cable I can get the signal from. I know Bang and Olufsen are really good, but I miss the low bass that shakes the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 08:33 PM   #2
Hanks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Does anybody know the wires for speakers? I want to connect my LC2i to get the signal from the speakers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 08:26 PM   #3
arucano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Grand Coupe CP

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
here is a good starting spot. You can go up one level and type in audio and find the rest of the information and color coding of the wiring harness.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...system/X0Ni0ZY
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 08:30 PM   #4
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 CP

I did this a couple years ago and it was kinda tricky because there's very little info out there how to do this. I wanted it to be a clean and reversible install.

I highly recommend you don't splice the factory wiring. There's one company out there that makes a harness for our cars with the B&O system. Technic PNP. The pic I have attached is the harness you want. Well worth $50. I also hooked up an Lc2i and I highly recommend it. Passive LOCs are garbage.

Now you'll have a killer sound system that hits the bottom end.
Attached Images

Fast.F10512.50
      07-31-2020, 11:35 PM   #5
Hanks
Enlisted Member
Rep

I only saw it now, I have a LC2i too. Now I already installed and got a remote from a fuse in the trunk
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 11:43 AM   #6
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep

Yeah I had a feeling you probably installed already, I only saw this thread now.

As for remote power, you can't get power inputs from this harness. I didn't want to rely on the audio signal method as an alternative "remote on" control. Many people said it can be unreliable. It's far better to directly wire it to a true 12V "ACC on" source. Pretty much that fuse box method you used is the best way to get it to work. I did the same.

This Technic harness is purely for connecting the high audio speaker inputs of the Lc2i to the B&O system without splicing any speaker wiring. In our cars with the battery and B&O amp all in the trunk makes it all convenient. No need to fish any wire from any speakers from the interior.

One more thing to note is that if anyone is going to use this harness, be aware that the audio output at this level IS affected by the ASD module. Technic told me otherwise, but it's not true. So in another words you will get the rumble of the ASD through your subs. I'm sure for some people this would be annoying. If so the best remedy is just to code ASD off. As for me I don't mind the subtle rumble. Makes me feel like I have a Meisterschaft exhaust. Haha.

Well at any rate at least this thread will be searchable for anyone researching for a future project.
      08-02-2020, 07:21 PM   #7
Hanks
Enlisted Member
Rep

True haha, I had to turn off ASD, funny that I did turn it off on bootmod3 but I was still getting the fake engine sound on my speakers, then I coded using bimmercode and boom, problem solved
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 12:48 PM   #8
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

What happens if I've manually removed the ASD? Will I still get output with the wiring harness alone, or will I have to buy the ASD jumper along with the wiring harness+lc2i?

Thanks
H
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 11:21 PM   #9
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep

Not sure I understand your question. Manually removed ASD? Meaning you unplugged the module? Or decoded it?

I think it's only going to work and send audio signals if your ASD stays plugged in.

EDIT: I just saw your other thread. I'll try to answer there.
      06-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #10
SRM71
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Cabrio E93 M Sport

Option for Logic 7 remote turn on external amp

Hi I don’t have a M5, but what I can tell you is that I just installed a 10” powered Pioneer subwoofer into my E93 3 series convertible using the device below. So once this is powered on you can connect the remote wire straight to the AMP from the trunk. No need to run wires to the head unit or find some black wire or cd changer option or any other nonsense.

Helix AAC.3 Converter - High Low Adaptor Signal Converter for Car Radio AAC3. Oh and tapping into the subwoofer speaker wires is not a problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 08:50 PM   #11
kayhusf06
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyfeller View Post
Yeah I had a feeling you probably installed already, I only saw this thread now.

As for remote power, you can't get power inputs from this harness. I didn't want to rely on the audio signal method as an alternative "remote on" control. Many people said it can be unreliable. It's far better to directly wire it to a true 12V "ACC on" source. Pretty much that fuse box method you used is the best way to get it to work. I did the same.

This Technic harness is purely for connecting the high audio speaker inputs of the Lc2i to the B&O system without splicing any speaker wiring. In our cars with the battery and B&O amp all in the trunk makes it all convenient. No need to fish any wire from any speakers from the interior.

One more thing to note is that if anyone is going to use this harness, be aware that the audio output at this level IS affected by the ASD module. Technic told me otherwise, but it's not true. So in another words you will get the rumble of the ASD through your subs. I'm sure for some people this would be annoying. If so the best remedy is just to code ASD off. As for me I don't mind the subtle rumble. Makes me feel like I have a Meisterschaft exhaust. Haha.

Well at any rate at least this thread will be searchable for anyone researching for a future project.
Hi

You might be able to help.

I have bmw f06 with the whole oem bang and olufsen system. I want to transfer the system on to a another bmw f06 which has HK system.

How can I fit the bang and olufsen in the HK set up with like wiring conversion kits. Without striping the car and getting all the wires out from the old car and then same on the new.

Any Advise/guidance? I dont want to send the old f06 to the scrap yard with bang and olufsen in it lool
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 12:13 AM   #12
sdrawkcaB
Follow the rabbit. 🐇
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayhusf06 View Post
Hi

How can I fit the bang and olufsen in the HK set up with like wiring conversion kits. Without striping the car and getting all the wires out from the old car and then same on the new.
Get up close photos of the connectors, as good as possible. Capture all the numbers imprinted into the surface of the molding. These numbers can then be looked up online to find a matching connector which you can then purchase and make your own adapter with. Most of the connectors used aren't actually BMW proprietary, but are connectors made by other companies such as Amphenol.

With the component part number, you may be able to locate the said connector on an electronic component distributor website such as DigiKey, Mouser, Arrow, or Newark element14.