E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Pathway Lighting

09-27-2008, 01:23 AM   #1
onth
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 328xi

Pathway Lighting

Does the 08 328xi comes with the pathway lighting feature? I have searched around and try to pull the stalk after i stop the car and took my key fod out (I dont have iDrive), but it never works.

I have the Welcome light though, so, I am thinking I should have the Pathway light.

Please advise. TIA.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 02:59 AM   #2
lkn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

by pathway lighting you mean lighting of the LEDs under each door handle then you should try to activate upon unlocking your car. if there are lights under the door handle, then you have the feature.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
syncmaster
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 e90

i believe the pathway lighting is mention somewhere in our manual
it's something like this, after you stop your engine you can push the high beam control against the front once to activate pathway lighting, which then the xenon will light up for 40 seconds. someone please correct me if i'm wrong

for the record i drove an 08 328xi.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
onth
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
i believe the pathway lighting is mention somewhere in our manual
it's something like this, after you stop your engine you can push the high beam control against the front once to activate pathway lighting, which then the xenon will light up for 40 seconds. someone please correct me if i'm wrong

for the record i drove an 08 328xi.

Yeap, I read that on the manual and search on the forums too, i have tried many times the way it describe, just that it never worked for me. So, I am wondering if this feature has been discontinue or what.

Does yours have the pathway light?

Thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
onalaska98
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

I have an 08 328xi and it has both the follow me home lighting (pushing the brights after the engine has been shut off) and the lights under the door handles. The lights under the handles will only stay on for a few seconds after you lock (the same and the angels and directionals), they do stay on significantly longer when you unlock though.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #6
CurlyFatAngry
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: his BMW as much as he can !

Quote:
Originally Posted by onalaska98 View Post
I have an 08 328xi and it has both the follow me home lighting (pushing the brights after the engine has been shut off) and the lights under the door handles. The lights under the handles will only stay on for a few seconds after you lock (the same and the angels and directionals), they do stay on significantly longer when you unlock though.
+1 Have them both
'08 Jet Black E92 328xi, Premium, Sport, iPod, Black Grille, GP Thunder, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onalaska98 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFatAngry View Post
+1 Have them both
As everyone else said, Yes. It does.

You can turn them on by pressing the high beam lever towards you, after the car has been turned off. You can also set how long you want them to stay on.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #8
onth
Private
Rep

hm.... weird, it doesnt work on mine, I do have the door handle light, but not the pathway light.

OK, here is how I do it, let me know if I am doing it wrong.

Light turn to to DRL > turn off the car > took the key fob out > pull the high bean flasher toward the driver once > get out of car > lock my door

then I assume the light will turn on for whatever seconds I have set, right?
but it never work. Everytime I did it after pulling the stalk, the light will comes up until I open my driver side door, then it will turn off and remains off.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onth View Post
hm.... weird, it doesnt work on mine, I do have the door handle light, but not the pathway light.

OK, here is how I do it, let me know if I am doing it wrong.

Light turn to to DRL > turn off the car > took the key fob out > pull the high bean flasher toward the driver once > get out of car > lock my door

then I assume the light will turn on for whatever seconds I have set, right?
but it never work. Everytime I did it after pulling the stalk, the light will comes up until I open my driver side door, then it will turn off and remains off.
Set your lights to "Auto">turn off car>pull stalk toward you>open door> close door>Lock door> End
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #10
onth
Private
Rep

I figured that out already, for some reason my default time was set to 10 sec instead of the 40 sec like what the manual said. That's why by the time I get out my car, it is already off.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #11
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onth View Post
I figured that out already, for some reason my default time was set to 10 sec instead of the 40 sec like what the manual said. That's why by the time I get out my car, it is already off.
Case Closed
Appreciate 0