BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

07-09-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
relaq
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sport plus on BMW 1 series? Coding sport plus?

Hi,

I tested almost all combinations of diesels in BMW 3 and BMW 1. What hit me the most, was a ride in Sport Plus Mode in BMW 320i. The throttle response was lightning time better than in Sport.

The question is if BMW 1 series is capable of having Sport Mode Plus? (especially in 120d xdrive)

I know that it is possible to code it to G20 320d and other petrol engines.

Are G20 and F40 based on the same system?

What is bothering me is the throttle response time in all configurations without sport plus. the car has 190hp but it feels like 110.

Cheers,
r
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 01:53 AM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

M135i doesn't naturally have Sport+ it has Eco, Comfort and Sport.
      07-11-2020, 04:21 AM   #3
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

There's also a tweak on Sport Individual for transmission - Sport or Comfort. Differences are noticeable, Sport transmission is very sharp, good for immediate pull aways and instant throttle response. Sport Comfort transmission is what I use daily for good sharp responses, a little below Sport transmission and definitely better than the somewhat lazy Comfort setting where the half second throttle delay is noticeable.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17424.50
      07-11-2020, 08:19 AM   #4
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
There's also a tweak on Sport Individual for transmission - Sport or Comfort. Differences are noticeable, Sport transmission is very sharp, good for immediate pull aways and instant throttle response. Sport Comfort transmission is what I use daily for good sharp responses, a little below Sport transmission and definitely better than the somewhat lazy Comfort setting where the half second throttle delay is noticeable.
When you configure Individual in Sport mode for the gearbox. Aren't you just choosing between Gearbox Sport mode (which it would have been by default if not configuring Individually whilst in Sport) and dropping it to Comfort? I would think so but not certain?

You can of course be in Sport Mode and push the gear stick left and then it is in a different mode for sure over and above Sport.
      07-11-2020, 08:39 AM   #5
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Hi Chris, when the Comfort button is pressed, the gear changes are slower with a noticeable slight throttle delay on standing starts and also quite noticeable in other situations, for example approaching a roundabout then pressing throttle pedal there's a noticeable delay. With the Sport button pressed, then under Individual, selecting comfort for transmission, that's much better and sharper than the actual Comfort button setting. Then if you select Sport for transmission, that's razor sharp - so Sport comfort transmission is a small step down from this, but definitely better and sharper than just having the comfort button pressed.

Try it and let me know
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2020, 08:18 AM   #6
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
Hi Chris, when the Comfort button is pressed, the gear changes are slower with a noticeable slight throttle delay on standing starts and also quite noticeable in other situations, for example approaching a roundabout then pressing throttle pedal there's a noticeable delay. With the Sport button pressed, then under Individual, selecting comfort for transmission, that's much better and sharper than the actual Comfort button setting. Then if you select Sport for transmission, that's razor sharp - so Sport comfort transmission is a small step down from this, but definitely better and sharper than just having the comfort button pressed.

Try it and let me know
I use the same set-up. Sport comfort transmission 👍
Appreciate 0