BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > ENTRYNAV, Enhanced Bluetooth and Cover Art

07-08-2020, 04:08 AM   #1
saemet
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

ENTRYNAV, Enhanced Bluetooth and Cover Art

Hey guys,

since i've read a lot contrary stuff i decided to create a new thread. My 2014 BMW 116d got the following:
S606 Navigation System Business
S6NS Comfort Telephony W/ Enhanced Smartphone

My questions:
I got the ENTRYNAV HU, but Bimmercode displays HU_NBT - is this normal?
When streaming via Bluetooth, there is no cover art displayed, is there a possibility to code it?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 05:54 AM   #2
marakeh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D

1. Yes, normal
2. Nope, could work through usb with iphone, does not work with android, depending on your version.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 05:17 AM   #3
jurajpe
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series 118D, F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by saemet View Post
Hey guys,

since i've read a lot contrary stuff i decided to create a new thread. My 2014 BMW 116d got the following:
S606 Navigation System Business
S6NS Comfort Telephony W/ Enhanced Smartphone

My questions:
I got the ENTRYNAV HU, but Bimmercode displays HU_NBT - is this normal?
When streaming via Bluetooth, there is no cover art displayed, is there a possibility to code it?

Thank you!
The album art is displayed only via usb for me. It shows art also for albums that you just stream from iTunes so not necessarily dowloaded tracks. Amazing. Also there are some small differences in how the music data is seen in the system via usb and bluetooth. The usb is much more straight forward and shows more. Also via bluetooth sometimes you do not see the tracks on the dash and cannot scroll through with the steering wheel dial. It shows no entries.
Issue with the usb is that the usb port does not charge the phone fast enough and if you use music and navigation and have it attached to the arm rest usb it will drain the battery. Oh and via usb the sound is much louder and much nicer.
So I have to use the bluetooth and charge via the socket.

Also I looked into the trick that I could use a bluetooth dongle attached to the usb in the car and then connect the phone to that via bluetooth. So basically the car would think the phone is connected to usb and work. Unfortunately not. The bluetooth dongles available are for pcs and so rely on pc drivers that the bmw system does not have . And I did not find a proprietary bmw dongle.
Also there are dongles, yes, that have the usb and audio jack, but those have a standalone bluetooth that only transfers the sound to the jack and use the usb only as power to itself and does not transfer data. So this does not work either.
Shame really.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 02:37 PM   #4
Fjsousa4651
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 120D F20

Hey guys,

I have a BMW 120D F20 from 2015, it seems to have the standard audio system, but it has the business navigation system, so I checked and it seems to have a Combox, Bluetooth is working fine for calling and for audio, the only thing not working is the album covers, the browsing playlists, sms, texting etc, I tried doing some coding with bimmercode, but my combox is not showing in the bimmercode app, can someone help me out?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
Berseker
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i F20 Msport

Garage List
sorry to bump this thread but I have a question connected to this subject.
I have a relatively new BMW F20 120i with the following "media" optionals:
Code:
S698A Area-Code 2 for DVD
S6ACA BMW Intelligent Emergency Call
S6AEA BMW Teleservices
S6AKA BMW Connected Drive Services
S6APA BMW Remote Services
S6NHA Hands-free with USB interface
strangely I do not find any "optional" code that helps me understand which kind of NBT do I have, in any case thanks to the bimmer-tech service which send you for free an analysis of the media options installed on my car, I (should) have an Idrive6 ENAVEVO Unit with no Nav
Code:
head_unit ENAVEVO
I-Level(current) F020-19-03-546
I-Level(factory) F020-19-03-546
ASD No Data
Telematic ECU ATM
Phone module N/A
KAFAS SYSTEM N/A
I have enabled from factory both USB Media reading from the Armrest port, & Bluetooth Streaming (from Smarthpone internal Memory or from some Apps like Spotify or Amazon Music).

my "problem" is the following. I cannot understand why this idrive6 system cannot show in fullscreen mode a proper visualization with all the infos of the current song
- cover
- title \ artist
- time elapsed \ remaining
like shown in this example (which shows I think an Idrive4 screen from USB, but with an 8,8" screen.)

instead, from USB I get this

so, cover art ok (in the sample it takes the "folder.jpg" cover I have in USB root folder, for Mp3 files which does not have a cover inside their tags), title ok, but all other infos are missing. when you are in this "full screen mode" if you switch song with the "< >" buttons on the dashboard, you cannot basically understand what song you have selected (you can guess if you remeber all the covers and the titles of you collection).

if the song does not have a cover (and if I remove "folder.jpg" file from USB root), the artist name is shown inside the "square" with the usb symbol. not a clever option (I would like to see both cover & artist if possible)

I am sure that my MP3 collection have correct tags and so on, since also the Idrive system sees them correctly in other visualizations which are "uplevel" to the fullscreen level which is shown only after a few seconds of "inactivity" with the Idrive, like below (this is taken from the web but the concept is that in this "first" Idrive screen I get Artist\Title\CoverArt correctly like in this example)

maybe this is due to the fact I have a 6,5" screen, because I've found a screen showing an MP3 reproduction on a 6.5" screen ID4, which have all the infos needed but without the coverart (maybe on 6,5" screen resolution does not have enough pixels to having both)... I do not know.

my current software version is

have you got any suggestion? I am not afraid of coding a bit (I have bimmercode but I could learn also ESYS if this would be the only way to solve)

I would be grateful if someone can help me. thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0