E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Menzerna Power Finish PO203S @ DetailedImage.com

09-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Menzerna Power Finish PO203S @ DetailedImage.com

Menzerna has done it again with another outstanding ceramic clear coat polish! The Menzerna PO203S polish is designed to remove swirls, fine scratches, oxidation and more from the new ceramic clear coats and all traditional clear coats. The remarkably smooth cutting particles help leave the paint extremely smooth and vibrant looking. It is a light to medium cutting polish that can help restore the clear coat so it is smooth and vibrant looking again. Menzerna PO203S can be used on some lighter colors as a finishing polish with outstanding cutting power. For those who want to do just one coat on lighter colors and get the maximum results this may be the product for you. For darker colors you may want to follow up with a lighter polish like the ultra fine polish Menzerna PO85RD or the PO106FF. These polishes will ensure the paint looks totally clear and crisp. I would most commonly use the Menzerna PO203S with a white polishing pad, but there are certainly other options. It could be used with an orange light cutting pad if you're following up with another lighter polish/pad combo or with a black finishing pad if you want to use the polish as your finishing polish.

In terms of aggressiveness, it falls between Super Intensive Polish PO83 and PO106FF / PO106FA.

If you have any other questions about this product or anything related to detailing please let me know.

George @ Detailed Image
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

i was waiting for you guys to get this. i'll be grabbing a bottle in my next order!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
tintivilus
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
I'm still warming up to the whole polish product line... what would be the application of this polish?

Right now I usually use spot applications of SIP with an orange or yellow pad in particularly bad spots, followed by 106FF with a white pad over the whole car. I've gathered that I could follow this with P085RD (or plain old FPII) on a grey pad for extra luster but haven't tried that yet.

Is this intended to be a one-step polish with a white pad, eliminating the extra SIP steps? It doesn't seem like there's enough of a gap between SIP and 106FF to call for another intermediate polish.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintivilus View Post
I'm still warming up to the whole polish product line... what would be the application of this polish?

Right now I usually use spot applications of SIP with an orange or yellow pad in particularly bad spots, followed by 106FF with a white pad over the whole car. I've gathered that I could follow this with P085RD (or plain old FPII) on a grey pad for extra luster but haven't tried that yet.

Is this intended to be a one-step polish with a white pad, eliminating the extra SIP steps? It doesn't seem like there's enough of a gap between SIP and 106FF to call for another intermediate polish.
If you already have SIP and PO106FF, then this polish isn't going to be a big change for you in terms of results. In some instances where PO106FF isn't giving you enough bite, then Power Finish may fit the bill without the need to go as aggressive as SIP. As you said, you can follow up with something like PO85RD with a black or blue pad for increased depth and gloss. You could also do that with PO106FF if you didn't want to invest in a new polish and you'd see some improvement over the finish of 106 on a white pad.

This polish is great for people who don't already have any Menzerna polishes or don't want to spend ~$100 on a 32oz bottle of SIP and a 32oz bottle of PO106FF. It offers a nice bite with the ability to finish down LSP ready. Detailers would benefit from this polish because on some vehicles it can be a 1 step polish as you mentioned. Pro's can never have enough options at their disposal as every vehicle presents a new challenge.

Hope this helps give you a better understanding of this polish. If you have any other questions, let me know.

George
Appreciate 0