BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding TPMS not working even though I have them

06-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #1
luke1990
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540ix

TPMS not working even though I have them

Hi guys, tried serching here, but couldnt find definitive answer.

I have G30 540i second hand. I have TPMS sensors, but I only see blanks - no values next to the wheels. I also read up a bit on aftermarket activation - I have the NBTevo maps so should have the EVO version which should be fine. Same as shown here on this picture.

Any ideas what I can do? I havent done any coding or anythig. But I bought the car in another country so havent been to local official dealers. Plus the car is heavily modified (not idrive - but most else ).

What do you think I could do? Do I have to contact some local dealer?
Thanks!
Best,
L.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 02:02 PM   #2
Shatter
Mr. Nobody
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Looks like someone has coded off the TPMS sensors since it's using only RPA which is based on wheel speed sensors. That or it never had TPMS, which i highly doubt due the car being is so new. Most likely scenario is someone had aftermarket wheels on the car and was too lazy to install tpms sensors on them and coded it off to get rid of the warning light.

Easiest way to enable TPMS again is to add 2VB to VO and code BDC_BODY,HU_NBT,DSC and KOMBI modules.

Manually coding also possible:

BDC_BODY2
RCI_RDC_ENABLE = aktiv

HU_NBT2
RDC = aktiv
RDC_DRUCK_TEMP = aktiv
RDC_FORTSCHRITTSANZEIGE = aktiv
REIFENUEBERWACHUNG_RDC_RPA = rdc (02)
RPA = nicht_aktiv
ERFS = erfs (01)

DSC3
C_Funktion_ReifenPannenerkennung_aktiv_e = RDC

DKOMBI2
DSC_MIT_RPA = ohne_RPA
Retrofits: None

Last edited by Shatter; 06-24-2020 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
luke1990132.50
      06-24-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
luke1990
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
Looks like someone has coded off the TPMS sensors since it's using only RPA which is based on wheel speed sensors. That or it never had TPMS, which i highly due the car being is so new. Most likely scenario is someone had aftermarket wheels on the car and was too lazy to install tpms sensors on them and coded it off to get rid of the warning light.

Easiest way to enable TPMS again is to add 2VB to VO and code BDC_BODY,HU_NBT,DSC and KOMBI modules.

Manually coding also possible:
BDC_BODY2
RCI_RDC_ENABLE = aktiv

HU_NBT2
RDC = aktiv
RDC_DRUCK_TEMP = aktiv
RDC_FORTSCHRITTSANZEIGE = aktiv
REIFENUEBERWACHUNG_RDC_RPA = rdc (02)
RPA = nicht_aktiv
ERFS = erfs (01)

DSC3
C_Funktion_ReifenPannenerkennung_aktiv_e = RDC

DKOMBI2
DSC_MIT_RPA = ohne_RPA[/code]
Yes, the car did have some bad aftermarket wheels :/. So likely that.

Now the hard part for me. I've only ever done work with programs like xhp or bootmod, but never did any coding to the car (so I have OBD to ENET cable). Any info on how I can do that? What do I need? Maybe even a link to some guide - I know this was probably discussed here a ton. Sorry and thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #4
Shatter
Mr. Nobody
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
If you don't have prior experience on using E-Sys which is needed for doing individual codings, i'd suggest to let someone local diy'er do it for you or you could look around for remote coding services many guys are providing these days. E-Sys is a tool that can cause lots of harm if not used properly, but in capable hands the TPMS coding is a 5-10 minute job.

Good luck!
Retrofits: None
Appreciate 1
luke1990132.50
      06-24-2020, 02:23 PM   #5
luke1990
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
If you don't have prior experience on using E-Sys which is needed for doing individual codings, i'd suggest to let someone local diy'er do it for you or you could look around for remote coding services many guys are providing these days. E-Sys is a tool that can cause lots of harm if not used properly, but in capable hands the TPMS coding is a 5-10 minute job.
Thanks! Oh yeah now I remember. I had bootmod guys doing some coding for me through that. Looks complex as hell . But I guess that was the same for me when I first saw the logs and now it looks intuitive (though of course esys is harder).

Do you know by any chance of somebody? I found https://www.makcoding.co.uk/product/bmw-remote-coding/ - seems legit, but maybe you know of some people . Thanks!
Appreciate 0