BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #1
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 45e

Digital keycard

I have activated the keycard and gotten it to work.. A few times. The first day it opened and closed and started the car. The past week it only opened and started the car, it would not close it. The past few days it doesn't open or close the car at all, only lets me start it. I was actually stuck outside the locked car here the other day when i realized i could just open the car using the iPhone connected drive app (which i did), and then i could drive off using the keycard in the charging spot.

What is happening with this keycard? Am i doing something wrong? I though i had found the sweet spot on the handle, but this no longer works. I spend five minutes trying to open/close the car to no avail.. It has always started the car, but the open/close is buggy.. Others with the same problem? Solutions?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 01:01 PM   #2
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anterialis View Post
I have activated the keycard and gotten it to work.. A few times. The first day it opened and closed and started the car. The past week it only opened and started the car, it would not close it. The past few days it doesn't open or close the car at all, only lets me start it. I was actually stuck outside the locked car here the other day when i realized i could just open the car using the iPhone connected drive app (which i did), and then i could drive off using the keycard in the charging spot.

What is happening with this keycard? Am i doing something wrong? I though i had found the sweet spot on the handle, but this no longer works. I spend five minutes trying to open/close the car to no avail.. It has always started the car, but the open/close is buggy.. Others with the same problem? Solutions?

Thanks
Have you read this thread? Explains where to hold the card. If you're not doing it right, it does not work...

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1628624
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #3
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep

Yes I have, thanks for the tip. As I wrote, I have gotten it to work many times, and i fine tuned where to put the card to have it opening the car on first attempt. But something has happened as it no longer works. I keep it at the exact same spot - I've also tried all over the door handle - but it doesn't work....
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 02:26 PM   #4
phillydilles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anterialis View Post
Yes I have, thanks for the tip. As I wrote, I have gotten it to work many times, and i fine tuned where to put the card to have it opening the car on first attempt. But something has happened as it no longer works. I keep it at the exact same spot - I've also tried all over the door handle - but it doesn't work....
I've relied on it many a time in the past for when I go on runs, and for the last 2-3 days, mine has pretty much stopped working entirely as well. I've now resorted to the app for locks, and then using the card in the console to drive (which does still work). Weird.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 03:13 PM   #5
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep

Reactivated, optimized keycard orientation when opening/closing. Now it worked several times flawlesssly, hopefully it will continue working.

thanks for all feedback and tips!!
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2020, 03:18 PM   #6
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep

An error I made was to orient the card vertically in stead of horizontally. Also I tended to hold the card facing up/down (perpendicular to car) rather than back/forth (parallel to the car).

FYI
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2021, 03:08 PM   #7
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M 40d mildhybrid

my car has this option but where and which card ?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 03:51 PM   #8
Dwillbimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6 sDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragueX5 View Post
my car has this option but where and which card ?
You should have gotten the keycard along with the other keys when you got the car. It looks like a credit card.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #9
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M 40d mildhybrid

I did not get it and dealer says they don’t have any that came with my car.
Can I buy it as a BMW part or actually can I buy some oem key card on amazon?
Appreciate 0