E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Need help with PDC Malfunction

06-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
dcay
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Need help with PDC Malfunction

Hi,
I have completed installing a rear camera on my daughter’s 2009 328I To help her keep from hitting things when backing up. Her BMW Build date was 5/2009 and did not have either PDC or rear camera options but did have CIC iDrive. I updated her CIC version From C0A to C16. I removed a PDC system from a junkyard donor and installed it with a camera and emulator and Have it working except for a PDC Malfunction.

The malfunction is probably from my not installing the PDC sensors because I just needed the rear camera. I have the sensors and might install them in future when the car is eventually repainted, but not now. So to code the new OEM PDC Module and Rear Camera I added the following CIC option coding:
MACRO_CAM_LEGALDISCLAIMER
kein_ld
MACRO_PDC
aktiv
MACRO_PDC_TOPVIEW
aktiv
MACRO_REARVIEW
aktiv
RVC_CIC
wert_23
LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME
kein_ld
MACRO_L6_PARKMENU
aktiv
TVC_WIDTH_0C
wert_02
PDC_DIRECTION
vertical
PDC_SENSOR_HINTEN
kein_sensor

So I am getting the PDC Malfunction:
Park Distance Control
No warning available from Park Distance Control PDC.
Have the system checked by your BMW center as soon
as possible.

I tried plugging the sensor harness in hoping to clear the error but the warning still came on and the PDC alarm sounded with no color field shown. I thought the PDC_SENSOR_HINTEN “no sensor” code would have disabled the rear PDC but it did not work. The warning is very annoying every time.

HELP, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CODE OUT THIS WARNING?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Why did you add PDC? That's not needed for reverse camera retrofit. Disconnect PDC module, remove $507 or $508 depending on if you installed front and rear or just rear and code the car with just the reverse camera.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 02:29 AM   #3
dcay
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Why did you add PDC? That's not needed for reverse camera retrofit. Disconnect PDC module, remove $507 or $508 depending on if you installed front and rear or just rear and code the car with just the reverse camera.
Thanks sd*********, I had read that you needed the PDC module as a minimum to sense reverse gear for installing a rear camera. They did not say anything about the sensors. I also wanted the OEM look. And so I bought the Autofocustech camera Emulator that supposedly requires PDC. I took the PDC system out of a junkyard 2008 328i when it was stabeard equip.

I only found out the PDC malfunction after getting it altogether. My daughter just has to click the wheel to use and it is worth it for her to have the rear camera. But I believe the error should not be necessary to live with.

Using NCSDummy I have been going through the various ecus trying to find warning or error display command but cannot find the module or command. Thinking will have to use ISTA-P to remove the warning display. But not sure. And I believe it is possible to code it off since praticaly everything rise is.

Thanks for any direction.
David
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 04:03 AM   #4
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Thanks sd*********, I had read that you needed the PDC module as a minimum to sense reverse gear for installing a rear camera. They did not say anything about the sensors. I also wanted the OEM look. And so I bought the Autofocustech camera Emulator that supposedly requires PDC. I took the PDC system out of a junkyard 2008 328i when it was stabeard equip.

I only found out the PDC malfunction after getting it altogether. My daughter just has to click the wheel to use and it is worth it for her to have the rear camera. But I believe the error should not be necessary to live with.

Using NCSDummy I have been going through the various ecus trying to find warning or error display command but cannot find the module or command. Thinking will have to use ISTA-P to remove the warning display. But not sure. And I believe it is possible to code it off since praticaly everything rise is.

Thanks for any direction.
David
PDC module or sensors is not required for reverse camera. I've coded plenty of e9x's without PDC module or sensors. I haven't heard of emulators that require it but I can't say for certain that yours would or wouldn't. Only way I've ever coded out PDC malfunction is disconnecting module and removing the vehicle order associated with rear or front ($507 or $508).
Appreciate 0