Technical Topics Wheels and Tires 18” wheel and tire combo suggestions

05-31-2020, 03:25 PM   #1
JetPump
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i RWD

18” wheel and tire combo suggestions

Hi all,

I’m new the the forum and BMW ownership. The M340i is a fantastic car. I think my only complaint is the 19” run flat tires. Does anyone know if there is a good aftermarket option for 18” wheels and non-run flat tires? Was thinking of Michelin PS4S for tires and trying a square 255 wide setup. If that doesn’t work, then try to push the width wider in the rear and 235 or 245 width up front on a staggered setup. The objective is to gain some sidewall, decrease mass and increase resistance to pothole type tire and rim failures.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 09:50 AM   #2
JetPump
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i RWD

Well not much input yet. I will be taking some measurements and talk to a Forgeline sales rep. I found 255/40/18 for the PS4S have the dimensions I want to start with. Willtheyfit.com doesn’t seem to take the rim lip into account. I think I need to add almost half an inch to each side of the wheel for a correct representation.
Appreciate 0