BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

AC Water Leak

A couple months ago nearly my entire AC system was replaced due to a recurring chemical smell. After the system was replaced a deodorized the problem went away. Fast forward to last week and I noticed some white stuff around the side of the driver side floor mat and the car smelled a little damp. I hadn't driven it much in the last month or so with the "quarantine". Pulled it up and it was mold. They came and picked up the car last Thursday.

Just got the update today that it was an AC drain issue and all of the carpet is out of the car to repair it. It'll be a few more days until the car is back together. I just hope the car is the same (and doesn't smell like gym socks) once I get it back. Anyone else have this issue? I thought I saw a few threads a while back about it happening on the passenger side but couldn't find them. I just went through my service records and while I absolutely love the car when it's working, I've had it in the shop 12 times in a year and 5 months. Mostly software but a enough mechanical problems to make me wonder if I should get another when my lease is up.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #2
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

My car had a hole in the pan that catches water from the AC, it would make a puddle on the passenger side. They had to remove the entire dash, center console, and pull the carpet up to let it dry. I was very concerned about that much working being done to a new car. My local shop did a wonderful job, I can not even detect that it was ever worked on.

if there is mold I would demand new carpet being installed.

I hope your shop is as good as mine is.
Appreciate 2
mnewnam269.50
TurtleBoy13276.00
      04-11-2021, 07:01 PM   #3
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Can you guys explain where it’s supposed to drain? Any pictures by chance?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 09:48 PM   #4
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
Can you guys explain where it’s supposed to drain? Any pictures by chance?
See this -> https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1812150
Appreciate 0