Technical Topics Wheels and Tires Runflat Tyres or Repair Kit

04-06-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
Mark189
Member of Parliament
Rep
Drives: G21 320d M Sport

Runflat Tyres or Repair Kit

Hi Folks,

Just ordered my G21, 320d Mineral Grey M Sport, with Comfort, Evasion and Innovation packs, plus Park Assist Plus, and Harmon Kardon speakers. I am in France - one option I didn’t take is the adaptive suspension. (No money left...)

I have a day or two left to choose to take the runflats, or the normal tyres with the goo repair kit. Runflats add 3 grams of CO2 which are taxed, and also 250 euros of cost.

My question is can you drive as far with the goo as you can with a runflat??

I had runflats on my 120d M Sport and 420d M Sport, had a few punctures, and mainly issues finding a place with the RFT tyres in stock, each time I had to wait a day or two and the car was stuck. Goo seems better, if it really works.

Appreciate any thoughts on the topic.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 10:43 AM   #2
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

I regret having runflat tires, quite honestly. They're fine, but think I would be happier with regular tires and a mobility kit (or spare tire option would be best). Planning to run summer tires and winter tires, both non-runflat and buy a mobility kit.
Appreciate 0