E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Hi guys - New to Forum....2008 e90 question

09-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Hi guys - New to Forum....2008 e90 question

Hi all. I am new to the forum. I have been lurking for months but am just now able to really begin to start looking for the car.

I would like to get a brand new 2008 335i. I know the local dealers dont have the car I want (6spd manual, Titanium Silver, Black leather, Sports, Premium, Cold weather, IPOD, Sat radio, Nav). My question is, if there is still a couple in the country, will the dealer be able to get it for me or will I have to contact that dealer directly?

Will the dealer even search for that for me? I dont really want an 09 facelifted model, nor do I really need a brand new one, but I would like at least a CPO model. Would that be possible?

I am afraid to approach the dealer until beginning of next month because I will just obsess over the car but I wont have the money for another month.

Does the fact I plan on paying cash for it influence them at all?

Sorry for the newb questions! I look forward to getting the car sooner rather than later and joining in on alot more discussions!

Dackz

Last edited by Dackz; 09-13-2008 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: 6spd
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackz View Post
Hi all. I am new to the forum. I have been lurking for months but am just now able to really begin to start looking for the car.

I would like to get a brand new 2008 335i. I know the local dealers dont have the car I want (6spd manual, Titanium Silver, Black leather, Sports, Premium, Cold weather, IPOD, Sat radio, Nav). My question is, if there is still a couple in the country, will the dealer be able to get it for me or will I have to contact that dealer directly?

Will the dealer even search for that for me? I dont really want an 09 facelifted model, nor do I really need a brand new one, but I would like at least a CPO model. Would that be possible?

I am afraid to approach the dealer until beginning of next month because I will just obsess over the car but I wont have the money for another month.

Sorry for the newb questions! I look forward to getting the car sooner rather than later and joining in on alot more discussions!

Dackz
The dealer should be able to locate the car for you if it exists anywhere else. They are more likely to do this for you, if you are purchasing a brand new one...since they are able to get more money out of your. By looking for an 08, that is used...your chances are lower, but be prepared to pay more than if they already had it on their lot.
      09-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
drwtsn32
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435xi, 2016 MB GLA250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackz View Post
If anything it may make a dealer less likely to drop the price as much because they won't be able to make extra $$$ off financing or leasing. I wouldn't tell them until you settle on a price. If they ask how much you want to pay per month, just tell them you're interested in the bottom line total price of the car..not monthly payment amounts...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Why not just wait for the 09?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I am not opposed to an 09', I would just rather have an 08. I kind of like its looks a little more and I think I can get a better deal on the 08 since they will be trying to move them to make room for the 09.

That being said...if I have to get an 09, well then I guess I just have to get the 09
Appreciate 0