F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Upgrade To Base Brake System
proTUNING Freaks

03-09-2020, 07:08 PM   #1
305f30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 328i Modern Line

Hey guys, thought I'd share this little upgrade I did to my base brake system in case there were any others out there thinking about doing the same. So I got pretty tired of looking at the old rusty rotors on my '13 328 & wanted to spruce them up a little bit with some paint. I didn't want to use any flashy color like red, yellow, orange, etc. b/c I feel like those should be reserved for a real BBK. I ended up sourcing some spare calipers from ebay and painted them gloss black so that they'll somewhat disappear behind the wheel. Next I ordered some slotted & drilled rotors from Brakemotive, which by the way are very heavy and extremely well put together. After that I ordered some Brembo ceramic pads. The pads also have the added bonus of having a red backing, which contrasts nicely against the black calipers. And last but not least I ordered the newer style retaining springs with the BMW logo on them. I attached pictures of everything installed. The braking is good, but I know it'll be alot better once I take it to the dealer this week and have them professionally flush my brake lines to rid any air that I couldnt. I did a few emergency test stops and this setup feels alot more violent than stock when you REALLY need to stop, Almsot like the car is going to flip on it's front end from braking so hard lol. The last step will be to mount the new wheels. I scored some style 189 wheels on offerup that are currently being powdercoated gloss black!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
sspade2464.50
damack188.50
E60F3030.00