E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Accelerator pedal/components causing limp mode??

09-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lookin'

Accelerator pedal/components causing limp mode??

so this is my situation, my car was brought into service a few weeks ago for a dme recall and fuel pump replacement. they changed the fuel pump and updated my software to v30.02.

after driving for about 2 weeks, the "engine malfunction" light came on, i then shut the car off and restarted it, 10mins later it comes back on again. it happened for about 15x during 3 days. i took it into the dealership, and they said they found a misfire, and so they changed all the spark plugs. they also changed the 2 wastegate actuators cuz the car was rattling underneath. anyway, i got the car back after about 2 weeks at service, drove it around and no problem, but the same night the "engine malfunction" light came on again, then again after i restarted the car. so i took the car back to service, and a few days later my SA told me that it's the accelerator pedal or one of its components is causing the problem, . i've asked him again what the problem is, and he said he's 100% sure that this is the cause. has anybody ever heard of such problem and could chime in? thanks in advance!

btw, this part needed to fix the problem is on backorder, and they don't know how long it's gonna take to get that it. it's been almost 2 weeks now, and i'm losing faith and patience.

FYI, my car is a 09/06' built 335i coupe. it now has 25xxx on the odometer.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
Kitz
Major
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: ex BMW

more bull**** nowadays..
      09-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

if this happens again, this car is probably a lemon then...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lookin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWnator View Post
if this happens again, this car is probably a lemon then...
well, it doesn't qualify for a lemon anymore. mine is past the 12000 miles or w/in the first year of purchase. if worst comes to worst, a dealer buyback or trade assist could be possible, but i don't know, never had those experiences before.
Appreciate 0