BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    2020 M5 Connected Drive Issues Solved

03-03-2020, 09:49 PM   #1
Jakerx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

2020 M5 Connected Drive Issues Solved

All,

Just a public service announcement that there is an SIB for a software update that is known to fix Connected Drive 7.0 issues. I took my ride in for the transmission wiring harness recall and asked them to check for a software update (not the same one as the rear view camera update which I had completed several months ago).

Anyway, long story short, all the app functions work correctly now including Remote 3D View and vehicle location updates which had never worked since day one of my purchase. Hopefully this helps some of you. Good luck!

P.S. My paperwork shows SIB 840120
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
Chateau
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

After getting my car serviced for the harness recall, my CarPlay is very intermittent in its connectivity. It seems to randomly decide on startup if it wants to work for that session or not.
Any idea if this software fix addresses CarPlay? It’s only been about 3 weeks since my recall, so no idea if the software patch was out by then.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
Jakerx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau View Post
After getting my car serviced for the harness recall, my CarPlay is very intermittent in its connectivity. It seems to randomly decide on startup if it wants to work for that session or not.
Any idea if this software fix addresses CarPlay? It’s only been about 3 weeks since my recall, so no idea if the software patch was out by then.
I noticed that my CarPlay was intermittent as well for the past few months. I’d say about 75% of the time it would work. However, after having driven the car for only two times since the software upgrade was accomplished, it has worked flawlessly. I’ll need to get back to you after a week or so of driving to give you better data.
Appreciate 0