E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > request on side blinker on e90

09-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
MounisM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330XI

request on side blinker on e90

Can someone put together a DIY for side blinker replacement how to take it out and put the side blinker back in thanks, i appologise if this is not the place for reqeust.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Arctic e90 330i

Garage List
replacing the bulb for the side blinker/marker is fairly easy.

1st: you need to slide the side marker towards the rear of the car and then pull the side marker toward you. this should have popped your side marker out of the car.

2nd: you just grab the end of the bulb cap and twist it off. this might be a little tough because there is a small tab that keeps it in place. some people have said that they have broken the tab off, but you dont really need it anyway. once you have twisted and removed the bulb from the side marker housing you can replace it with another bulb or change the oem housing with a smoked lense housing. please test your turn signals to make sure that you put the bulb in the correct way, before putting the housing back on the car.

3rd: you will now be placing the side marker back on the car. you must place the side closest to the rear of the car in first and then push in the front of the side marker to pop it back into place. this should have completed your side marker bulb or housing replacement.

if you have any questions let me know. ill help you out.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
MounisM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330XI

thanks a lot i will try this out in a few days
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
baser666
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: love machine

thanx guys. i just did it and it took 4 min. just remember to mach the brown wires while pluging it in
Appreciate 0