Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) M performance parts question

01-27-2020, 12:16 PM   #1
msalisbu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 m340i

M performance parts question

Planning on buying the black kidney grills for the 330i, but had a question about the rear diffuser.

Do I need the M Performance Rear Bumper Trim before purchasing the rear diffuser, or can I install a rear diffuser on whatever comes stock on the M performance build for the 330i?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 12:52 PM   #2
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msalisbu View Post
Planning on buying the black kidney grills for the 330i, but had a question about the rear diffuser.

Do I need the M Performance Rear Bumper Trim before purchasing the rear diffuser, or can I install a rear diffuser on whatever comes stock on the M performance build for the 330i?
I believe you need rear bumper trim in addition. Others can correct me if I'm wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:06 PM   #3
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Yes, you need the bumper trim along with the diffuser - Most sites will mention in the notes that it requires the other piece for installation.

Included a screenshot of this note for reference. Also, let me know if you need any tips - I recently installed mine and learned a few things along the way as I'd never really messed with this sort of thing before.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 01:27 AM   #4
Abelcano1
Rep
Drives: 2016 x1 28i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTanks52 View Post
Yes, you need the bumper trim along with the diffuser - Most sites will mention in the notes that it requires the other piece for installation.

Included a screenshot of this note for reference. Also, let me know if you need any tips - I recently installed mine and learned a few things along the way as I'd never really messed with this sort of thing before.

Can you post some pics of how it looks!?? And what dis you order??
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 02:48 PM   #5
StevenDS85
I ///M Fan
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M-Sport

Last week I also bought the M-Performance bumper + high gloss black diffuser. Also interested to see some pics and some tips/hints to install it myself. First of all I get it coated at my detailler.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 10:03 PM   #6
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

I ordered the gloss black bumper trim and diffuser and am very happy with the way it looks - Glad I made the swap. Here's a photo.

With respect to tips, locate the cover underneath and remove the screws (i had 7
) and used a 8mm socket wrench to remove them. After removal of the cover, you'll have access to all the clips that secure the bumper trim. Start from the corner near the exhaust and undo that clip - You might need to use a plastic trim tool to apply pressure. Once that corner clip is removed, you can slowly start removing the bumper trim by gently pulling toward the top of the trim, and pushing toward the bottom. I've included a video that I found very helpful. Feel free to reach out with any questions and I'll do my best to help you out.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0