F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > News on remote start?
Studio RSR

01-26-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
AlbertoSONIC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 318d F30 LCI

News on remote start?

Hi everyone, I was looking into a diy remote start feature for the F30.. but the only thing I've always found are remote starters that use a different remote (like viper or eurostart). What I'd like to do is to use the oem keyfob and remote start the engine by pressing 3 times on the lock button!

I found a youtube video that shows this kind of remote start!

It also says that it doesn't need the spare key to be inside the car! But doesn't give any other info.. do you know something more about this kit?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 12:35 AM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertoSONIC View Post
Hi everyone, I was looking into a diy remote start feature for the F30.. but the only thing I've always found are remote starters that use a different remote (like viper or eurostart). What I'd like to do is to use the oem keyfob and remote start the engine by pressing 3 times on the lock button!

It also says that it doesn't need the spare key to be inside the car! But doesn't give any other info.. do you know something more about this kit?
Seems to me if it was real, he’d be telling everyone his shop and contact info to get business.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:11 AM   #3
garbuzenko
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i

He replied under youtube video, that this is not DYI and he did a lot of R&D. He also has a shop just east of Toronto and they specialize in BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 04:34 AM   #4
AlbertoSONIC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:

Seems to me if it was real, he'd be telling everyone his shop and contact info to get business.
I've done some research (looking at his other videos) and looks like he may be using the IdataStart CMBMXA0, which according to the site, should be compatible with up to the e90 3 series.. but the video looks real, so if it is real then there must be a way to make it compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbuzenko View Post
He replied under youtube video, that this is not DYI and he did a lot of R&D. He also has a shop just east of Toronto and they specialize in BMWs.
Yeah I read that comment, unfortunately I'm from Europe and my only way to do it is diy
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 05:16 AM   #5
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:

Seems like the more cost effective approach to Remote Start is to send one's children out in the snowstorm to start your car. Sometimes it takes a bit of a push to get them out the door, but once they wipe their tears, they can be quite good at clearing off the snow as well as setting the seat and steering wheel heaters.

My initial trial of this with the wife as my Remote Starter did not go especially well. But as my second wife enjoy's sleeping in and is a heavy sleeper who doesn't wake easily to children's protests, my current Remote Start system has worked surprisingly well.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      01-27-2020, 05:20 AM   #6
AlbertoSONIC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:

Seems like the more cost effective approach to Remote Start is to send one's children out in the snowstorm to start your car. Sometimes it takes a bit of a push to get them out the door, but once they wipe their tears, they can be quite good at clearing off the snow as well as setting the seat and steering wheel heaters.

My initial trial of this with the wife as my Remote Starter did not go especially well. But as my second wife enjoy's sleeping in and is a heavy sleeper who doesn't wake easily to children's protests, my current Remote Start system has worked surprisingly well.

Hope this helps!
Seems a good idea... the only issue that I can find is that, while the electronic remote start system doesn't grow up, children do and eventually one day will decide to start the car and take it for a drive xD
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 05:43 AM   #7
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:

Hope this helps!
Seems a good idea... the only issue that I can find is that, while the electronic remote start system doesn't grow up, children do and eventually one day will decide to start the car and take it for a drive xD
Yes, Remote Start children growing up and driving poses a potential issue. Current plan is to get them used to wearing the uniform at an early age.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-27-2020, 06:19 PM   #8
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbuzenko View Post
Ok, so again making my point, what is the name of the shop or the contact info if real.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 12:05 AM   #9
pongkin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

what i found
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-p...ost/1465761577
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 07:29 AM   #10
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

$1400? I'll man up and deal with driving while cold for the ten minutes it takes for the heat to come up.
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2020, 07:45 AM   #11
AlbertoSONIC
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongkin View Post
That's viper remote start (uses a different key fob), it's not the starter I'm looking for..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 09:04 AM   #12
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

If it's more than $500 my seat and steering wheel warmer will have to keep doing their job. They heat up faster than the vents anyway.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 04:51 AM   #13
bnkrupf30
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

I can confirm that this video is real. I have done the diy with 40$ worth of stuff from Amazon and my original key fob. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Appreciate 0