F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 DEPO headlight "review" sorta
GetBMWParts

01-25-2020, 04:58 AM   #1
vkopanja
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ED

Garage List
Unhappy F30 DEPO headlight "review" sorta

Hey everyone, just wanted to write up a quick review of the F30 DEPO headlights, in case the USR doesn't publish it on their page (since it needs admin approval).

I bought them in May last year with H7 halogen bright bulbs and after installing them, I found out they weren't a perfect OEM fit, which is expected but the fitment otherwise is very good, and they are much better than the halogen OEMs I had before. The headlight line cut is very prominent, and they look great.

Now the bad stuff. I wanted to upgrade the H7 halogen bulbs with the H7 LED bulbs, and after trying for 20 minutes I finally got the driver side bulb out, and quickly found out they don't use the standard H7 clip or the bulb holder, so I couldn't use my LEDs (Akarui Kai). Furthermore, the passenger side bulb wouldn't even budge. I managed to take out the connector only (the connector and the bulb should pull out together), but the bulb stayed firmly in place, refusing to budge. I hope I don't have to change my passenger bulbs...

Also, I'm not entirely sure how to change the high beam bulbs, since I didn't see any openings to take them out - again, hopefully I don't have to replace them, or someone else knows how to do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 07:28 AM   #2
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
For the high beams those should be under the lights. You would have to take them out to replace them
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
vkopanja
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibo24 View Post
For the high beams those should be under the lights. You would have to take them out to replace them
Wow, that's some incredibly bad design, didn't know that...
Appreciate 0