F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Hoping for help with deactivated SatNav
Extreme Powerhouse

01-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #1
chris9208
Rep
Drives: 435d xDrive M-Sport

Hoping for help with deactivated SatNav

Hi all,

Hoping someone with more knowledge than me (extremely limited) could offer help. I have a 2016 435d (NBT Evo). I had previously activated CarPlay using the .bin USB method. My car had to go to the dealer for unrelated issues and was updated, blocking this activation method.

I then activated it through an eBay service using ENET cable. The service claimed that it could revert to OEM incase the car needed to go back to the dealer. As far as I can tell, the software makes a backup of SatNav FSC, does something to install CarPlay FSC and activate and then restores SatNav FSC.

The activation worked perfectly and I was happily using CarPlay for months. The car then had to go back to the dealer as the previously mentioned issue recurred. Upon running the software to restore to OEM, it reported it had all completed successfully but I can no longer use the SatNav. The icon is greyed out within iDrive and the Nav buttons on the centre console have no effect.

From what I can gather this suggests the FSC is either no longer present or not being accepted for whatever reason but don't know how to confirm this.

I have contacted the eBay seller for support who has responded. They suggested they would like to remote to my computer to look at the status of the car and offer support but multiple arranged times have come and gone with no connection from the seller so unfortunately I think I need to look at other avenues.

So far, I have come up with the following possible next steps but not done anything:
1) Use Esys to look at the currently installed FSCs and see if theres anything glaringly obvious there. Not something I know much about and more research required.
2) Use Esys to VO code NBT (no coding other than CarPlay done) to see if this reactivates SatNav
3) Re-run the eBay software and see if this corrects assumed SatNav FSC problem

Any suggestions on troubleshooting or possible fixes would be hugely appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 06:30 AM   #2
96fauj
Rep
Drives: BMW435D

Did you get anywhere with this? Can you please update. I may have a similar situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #3
chris9208
Rep

Not yet. Think it is an FSC issue. The software I used backs up original FSCs and replaces them which seems to have not worked correctly during the OEM restore.

Tried to rerun the software to replace the FSC codes but no longer works as my dealer has updated my car to the latest software which blocks the CarPlay installer (currently).

If/when it gets updated I'll attempt to re-run and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #4
chris9208
Rep

Just to update for anyone stumbling across this, it was an issue with the FSC pack for my sat nav.

Re-running the aforementioned software to replace the FSC fixed everything
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 05:13 AM   #5
Oortam
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Gran Coupe

Hi Chris, sorry for yhe thread resurrection, I've PM'd you.
Appreciate 0