Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Iforged wheel Quality issue!!!!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #1
hjhgj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Iforged wheel Quality issue!!!!

I recently ordered 19" Iforged Neo. I didnt know about quality issue until my friend told me. The wheels are easy to get bend is what i heard from many people who had iforged wheel. And their customer service's reputation is not good.

For thoese who owned or currently having Iforged wheel on your car,

please tell me how the quality is. Iforged wheel is not cheap brand. I want to get what i invested for.

Please let me here your words. Also, do you suggest other brand?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep
Drives: E90 to A5

I've warned many people several times before, but no one would listen.

Lets just say the only expensive rims I would ever buy would be... WORK, BBS, HRE, and DPE.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 01:49 AM   #3
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post

Lets just say the only expensive rims I would ever buy would be... WORK, BBS, HRE, and DPE.
+volk + morr
      09-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #4
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

I have Daytona's and have no problems with them. In fact, many people have various designs without any problems, while some do. It's the same with any brand if you search hard/long enough; you'll surely find someone with a complaint.

As far as bending? Any wheel will bend if you hit a large enough hole, forged or not.

I can't speak of their customer service since I haven't had that experience yet, knock on wood

Besides, you haven't even gotten your wheels yet, so why not reserve your judgment until you do?
      09-03-2008, 01:53 AM   #5
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Iforged quality is pretty much hit or miss. Some people have no problems at all and some have problems since day one when the wheels arrive.
      09-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #6
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
I've had no problems with my neo's in terms of them bending just drive carefully and they will hold up fine! wheels aren't invincible.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #7
hjhgj
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
I have Daytona's and have no problems with them. In fact, many people have various designs without any problems, while some do. It's the same with any brand if you search hard/long enough; you'll surely find someone with a complaint.

As far as bending? Any wheel will bend if you hit a large enough hole, forged or not.

I can't speak of their customer service since I haven't had that experience yet, knock on wood

Besides, you haven't even gotten your wheels yet, so why not reserve your judgment until you do?
Yes, I dont know about their quality at all since i didnt use them yet. But i paid for $3000. And some people warned me about the fact that they experienced, but sure i dont know how they drove either.

you know, i want to be sure for everything. no offense against Iforged
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 02:20 AM   #8
halB
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: W211 E350 4M MkV GTI 987.2 S

I have iForged Monaco's and I have no problem with them. As Soni said, any wheel will bend or crack if you hit a bad enough hole. Generally speaking deep dish wheels bend easier becasue of the lack of support over the lips.

10 987.2 S w/Leather sport seat, Sport Chrono, 19" Carrera S II wheels
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 08:34 AM   #9
BimmerFan61
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
Iforged quality is pretty much hit or miss. Some people have no problems at all and some have problems since day one when the wheels arrive.
+1 on these comments. I have had no issues. I have 20s and this weekend I hit a pothole and said oh shit. Even my wife said ouch. Pulled over and inspected the wheel and it was fine. Took it out for a spin and hit 125mph+ and wheel was still perfectly true
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #10
ah gon
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post

did u moved to B.C. ?u at toronto b4 right?
      09-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
goldtl
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335xi

apparently hit i a hole big enough to bend both wheels on the passenger side of my car... i didn't notice it until yesterday when i took the wheels off to clean the inside.. damn it!! btw, i have 19" gold essens
Appreciate 0