BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-28-2019, 09:10 PM   #1
kjb914
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 X3M Comp

Exhaust tips

It's kind of funny - I've always loved the black exhaust tips you get with the Competition Packages however you almost don't even see them on this truck. I'm definitely not switching to chrome but I'd be very interested to see who comes up with the first few mods to make them stand out way more. Unless you're standing right behind it, it honestly doesn't look much different than a regular X3.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #2
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb914 View Post
It's kind of funny - I've always loved the black exhaust tips you get with the Competition Packages however you almost don't even see them on this truck. I'm definitely not switching to chrome but I'd be very interested to see who comes up with the first few mods to make them stand out way more. Unless you're standing right behind it, it honestly doesn't look much different than a regular X3.
Yes I agree but I'm actually getting the chromes. Had them on all my M cars. The exhaust tips help achieve the aggressive four pipe look that exotics have. Ever wonder why the super cars have massive chrome exhausts? You'll never see them in black. It completes the look.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 11:02 PM   #3
kjb914
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo0823 View Post
Quote:
Yes I agree but I'm actually getting the chromes. Had them on all my M cars. The exhaust tips help achieve the aggressive four pipe look that exotics have. Ever wonder why the super cars have massive chrome exhausts? You'll never see them in black. It completes the look.
Please be sure to post pics!!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 11:04 PM   #4
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please be sure to post pics!!
Yes def. before and after.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 11:30 PM   #5
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
The exhaust tips help achieve the aggressive four pipe look that exotics have. Ever wonder why the super cars have massive chrome exhausts? You'll never see them in black. It completes the look.
Chrome? Maybe in the 80s. Titanium perhaps, but not chrome and most aren’t using tips or even quad piped.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 11:39 PM   #6
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Quote:
The exhaust tips help achieve the aggressive four pipe look that exotics have. Ever wonder why the super cars have massive chrome exhausts? You'll never see them in black. It completes the look.
Chrome? Maybe in the 80s. Titanium perhaps, but not chrome and most aren’t using tips or even quad piped.
I mean stainless steel. Blacks are not visible compared with the silver look. I even like the emblems visible in chrome not black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 11:40 PM   #7
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Chrome? Maybe in the 80s. Titanium perhaps, but not chrome and most aren't using tips or even quad piped.
I mean stainless steel. Blacks are not visible compared with the silver look. I even like the emblems visible in chrome not black.
The 4 pipes are M iconic. Making them in black just refutes it. This is my personal preference. I know lots of guys here love black stealth tips And debadge.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 11:54 PM   #8
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

It’s your car - it should look how you want it to Just making the point is that doesn’t make it more “super car” like. I wouldn’t mind the old E46 style metal tips with the etched M emblem. Much simpler and utilitarian than the slip on tips.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 12:02 AM   #9
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 and 2023 Mazda CX-30

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [10.00]
2024 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:

It’s your car - it should look how you want it to
Just making the point is that doesn’t make it more “super car” like. I wouldn’t mind the old E46 style metal tips with the etched M emblem. Much simpler and utilitarian than the slip on tips.
This