BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    BMW M5 M Performance Steering Wheel with Heating

12-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #1
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Garage List
BMW M5 M Performance Steering Wheel with Heating

Hey guys!

My wife just got a new 2020 Range Rover Sport that came with an interior package that includes a full Alcantara Steering Wheel and seat trim. I fell in love with the Alcantara Steering Wheel!

I am waiting for my 2020 M5 to come in at the end of this month and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a BMW M5 M Performance Steering Wheel with Heating?

I found 1 steering wheel with the red M1 & M2 buttons, but it does not have the heating function.

Please help!
      12-17-2019, 08:31 PM   #2
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i sent out my f10 wheel to cobywheel in GA, he actually wrapped it in Alcantara and did the 12 o clock M stripe, in Sahkir. Came out beautiful, and cheaper than buying the M perf.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i sent out my f10 wheel to cobywheel in GA, he actually wrapped it in Alcantara and did the 12 o clock M stripe, in Sahkir. Came out beautiful, and cheaper than buying the M perf.
How long did that take? How much did it cost?

Do you have any images of the wheel?

Anyone else have experience with this company? Are they reputable?
      12-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #4
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM5W View Post
Hey guys!

My wife just got a new 2020 Range Rover Sport that came with an interior package that includes a full Alcantara Steering Wheel and seat trim. I fell in love with the Alcantara Steering Wheel!

I am waiting for my 2020 M5 to come in at the end of this month and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a BMW M5 M Performance Steering Wheel with Heating?

I found 1 steering wheel with the red M1 & M2 buttons, but it does not have the heating function.

Please help!
Not following, the car comes w/ the performance wheel, no?! Mine has the 2 red buttons and heated button at the base on wheel. What other wheel would you need??
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #5
ResidualJinx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Quote:
Hey guys!

Please help!
Not following, the car comes w/ the performance wheel, no?! Mine has the 2 red buttons and heated button at the base on wheel. What other wheel would you need??
https://ind-distribution.com/product...steering-wheel
Appreciate 1
Fegelein519.00
      12-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #6
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
How long did that take? How much did it cost?

Do you have any images of the wheel?

Anyone else have experience with this company? Are they reputable?

his customer service is exceptional as well as the final product.

i just had to uninstall wheel, ship next day air, and he takes about 2 days, then ship it back next day air again. i do have a a pic.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #7
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Quote:
Hey guys!

Please help!
It's the M Performance Steering Wheel with the Alcantara

Are you not familiar with this?

The issue is, the M5 comes with the heating function and the button is in the center below the airbag. The ones I can find do not have this
Attached Images

12-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #8
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 & X5

Oh wow, never seen this wheel. Looks real nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:35 AM   #9
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
It's the M Performance Steering Wheel with the Alcantara

Are you not familiar with this?

The issue is, the M5 comes with the heating function and the button is in the center below the airbag. The ones I can find do not have this
Never seen, pretty tight!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #10
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

If you go with oem performance steering wheel, the heated function will be disabled. It also disables either the lane keep assist or the active cruise control if your car is equipped with it (cant remember which one exactly). After finding this out, this wheel was a no go for me....
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 12:35 PM   #11
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
If you go with oem performance steering wheel, the heated function will be disabled. It also disables either the lane keep assist or the active cruise control if your car is equipped with it (cant remember which one exactly). After finding this out, this wheel was a no go for me....
I have all of these functionalities and I definitely do not want to lose them.

Why isn't there another m performance wheel made to keep all of these things. That makes no sense
      12-19-2019, 03:47 AM   #12
F90M5C
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 19 F90 M5C,17 F82 ZCP M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidualJinx View Post
that one is not heated .

Quote:
those are really cool functions that nobody want disabled , i dont get why it disables these functions, any one with more info because the steering wheel looks really nice
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 05:12 AM   #13
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
I have all of these functionalities and I definitely do not want to lose them.

Why isn't there another m performance wheel made to keep all of these things. That makes no sense
They're disabled because they assume that the people getting that particular style wheel is utilizing it for the track...

Don't get me wrong, I've had an alcantara steering wheel in other cars before, but they all started fading like a mofo (eventually) where I tended to rest/steer my hand for daily cruising, which was one hand shortly past 12 on the wheel, so I can kind of see their reasoning but there is a small sum of us that just don't give a fuck, lol...

At the end of the day, we have to remember that we are a small group of people... Vast majority of people don't modify their cars like we do...

But, I too would love a performance wheel with functions intact and not the same wheel they offer in a bunch of different cars... TrevorM3 has probably the only solution currently, lol...
Appreciate 0