BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #1
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Need some last minute help before I finalize my build...

1. Arctic grey is the new color that was introduced this year for xline (not dark graphite metallic)? I'm 99% sure we saw arctic grey at the dealership but I want to confirm.

2. We want all of the parking aids. They are part of the executive package right?

3. Drivers assistance pro package is all I need for all of the self driving aids (lane keep, adaptive cruise, traffic jam assist, auto lane change)?

4. With a blue/white interior, what looks better: Brown Ash, Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Finish Wood or Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss Wood? I currently have brown ash selected because I think it provides the the best contrast, and the dealer confirmed that as well, but I'm also really leaning towards the Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Finish Wood. The dealer says its an open pore wood that may be dificult to maintain over time (we're leasing) or can get water marks. I am a neat/clean freak so I don't think I'll be having an issue with it but my main concern is that will it look 'drab' on the inside, because the dash is blue, the headliner is blue, the seats are blue/white and this wood is not as striking a contrast as either of the other woods. idk what to do here...

5. our f15 came with the back windows and rear windows tinted, like all other SUVs i see here. The BMW configurator shows the back windows are not tinted. I assume the back windows be tinted from the factory right?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #2
VitaRenee
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 xDrive40i

I selected same interior color combo and picked the anthracite matte brown, I think it compliments the white portion best. I've had fineline past 2 bmws and needed a change. I'm leasing and a clean freak too when it comes to my car, have no concerns with my choice. Keep a pack of clean wipes in the trunk and use to clean the white leather every now and then.
Rear windows are tinted.
2009 xDrive30i
Appreciate 1
thereef5101163.00
      12-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaRenee View Post
I selected same interior color combo and picked the anthracite matte brown, I think it compliments the white portion best.
I also like the idea of the open pore wood, but I've yet to see the Brown Ash wood. If anyone has Brown ash wood, would you please be so kind as to post some pictures? thank you!

Last edited by thereef510; 12-07-2019 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #4
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
1. Arctic grey is the new color that was introduced this year for xline (not dark graphite metallic)? I'm 99% sure we saw arctic grey at the dealership but I want to confirm.
Arctic grey is one of the original launch colors for new X5 for xLine and M Sport model lines. Dark graphite metallic has been around for many years and was introduced this year for only the xLine model.

Quote:
2. We want all of the parking aids. They are part of the executive package right?
Parking Assistance Package is included when you option Executive Package. It is a standalone option if you select Convenience or Premium (includes Convenience) packages.

Quote:
3. Drivers assistance pro package is all I need for all of the self driving aids (lane keep, adaptive cruise, traffic jam assist, auto lane change)?
That is correct.

Quote:
4. With a blue/white interior, what looks better: Brown Ash, Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Finish Wood or Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss Wood? I currently have brown ash selected because I think it provides the the best contrast, and the dealer confirmed that as well, but I'm also really leaning towards the Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte Finish Wood. The dealer says its an open pore wood that may be dificult to maintain over time (we're leasing) or can get water marks. I am a neat/clean freak so I don't think I'll be having an issue with it but my main concern is that will it look 'drab' on the inside, because the dash is blue, the headliner is blue, the seats are blue/white and this wood is not as striking a contrast as either of the other woods. idk what to do here...
Individual Fine Wood Ash Grain high gloss silver looks with best with Ivory white/Night blue interiors (either full or extended) which is a $1080 trim option or Piano Black which is also $1080.

Personally the second best option would be anthracite brown poplar matte. This is one the I went with for my ZAEI interior. Brown metallic ash looks like a polished caramel candy bar.

I've had open pore matte wood on my F15 (3 years) and G30 M550(1 year) and haven't had any issues with stains, watermarks, scrapes etc. It's the most maintenance free wood trim you can select.

Looks are subjective and select what you like, no one here is going to judge you on your selection - they might question your tastes hahaha

Quote:
5. our f15 came with the back windows and rear windows tinted, like all other SUVs i see here. The BMW configurator shows the back windows are not tinted. I assume the back windows be tinted from the factory right?
Yes

As far as photos for anthracite brown poplar, there's an entire thread discussing this trim with photos in the main forums - all you have to do is search:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1653003

Direct post to an owner with IW/NB with anthracite brown:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=17

Last edited by Auricom; 12-07-2019 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
thereef5101163.00
      12-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I tried searching for pics I guess I didnt use the proper search terms. Thank you for the breakdown!

Edit: decided to go with Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss Wood. Although I loved the idea of the open pore wood, I wasn't in love with the 'grayness' of the color, and the rest of the car is gonna be blueish and we dont want to go over budget and opt for the individual woods. It's traditional but it looks darker than the ash wood.

Last edited by thereef510; 12-08-2019 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 01:35 AM   #6
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
I tried searching for pics I guess I didnt use the proper search terms. Thank you for the breakdown!

Edit: decided to go with Fineline Stripe Brown High Gloss Wood. Although I loved the idea of the open pore wood, I wasn't in love with the 'grayness' of the color, and the rest of the car is gonna be blueish and we dont want to go over budget and opt for the individual woods. It's traditional but it looks darker than the ash wood.

I have an artic grey with fineline brown wood and black seats and love it. The artic grey does show dirt very well. Don't pick this color if you don't like to clean your car.

I also have tinted rear windows (and acoustic glass). These tinted windows are a lot darker than the tinted windows on my 3 series.

The interior lights tend to reflect a lot in the passenger side window. This makes looking to the right for traffic a bit difficult when it's dark. (At the moment it is gettting dark here at 04:30pm)

Last edited by W0ut; 12-11-2019 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: the reflection in window (not seat)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #7
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
I have an artic grey with fineline brown wood and black seats and love it. The artic grey does show dirt very well. Don't pick this color if you don't like to clean your car.

I also have tinted rear windows (and acoustic glass). These tinted windows are a lot darker than the tinted windows on my 3 series.

The interior lights tend to reflect a lot in the passenger seat. This makes looking to the right for traffic a bit difficult when it's dark. (At the moment it is gettting dark here at 04:30pm)

thank you for chiming in, like you we ended up on the fineline wood as well. while I'm a clean freak, if that open pore wood got dirty i wouldnt be able to not look at it.

did you try dimming the interior light settings?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #8
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 & X5

By choosing the Executive Pkg and Drivers Assistance Professional Pkg you will have every available safety feature possible.
Appreciate 1
thereef5101163.00
      12-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #9
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeynowbababooeyAckAck View Post
By choosing the Executive Pkg and Drivers Assistance Professional Pkg you will have every available safety feature possible.
Except for Night Vision, that is a separate option.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #10
HeynowbababooeyAckAck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Except for Night Vision, that is a separate option.
Missed that one! Yes, you are correct.
Appreciate 0