Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 20" Tomason TN4 + drop on my E92 ~ 335i ?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
Grublit 335i
Fugly Karting
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupé_Black_19" (230)

Question 20" Tomason TN4 + drop on my E92 ~ 335i ?

Hello,

A few months ago, I let the Eibach Pro-Kit 35/25 mm install on my 335i Coupé. All that remains of the drop (and never has been more), is a very disappointing drop of approx. 25/10 mm (!). Another disadvantage of this issue, is that my rims (OEM 230) still don't look as big as I supposed they would.

Anyway, my BMW dealer who installed the kit, says they (BMW and/or Eibach) can't fix the problem , but the dealer is willing to install a new kit. Definitely no Eibach again, I'm considering a drop of approx. 45/35 mm. I suppose Racing Dynamics (from the well known companys) will come the closest with their 40/30 mm. Only the German manufacturer 'Lowtec' offers a drop of exactly 45/35 mm. But it seems to remain a bit of a gamble since my Eibachs have dropped just half the distance...
I know, a complete suspension would be much better...

When I put all these things together, I'm considering to buy new rims, maybe even 20" (which is prety big here in Europe, maybe not in the States ).
Do you think this will result in other problems (a bit of rubbing is no issue)?

I guess I'd better ask my question now...

This is the rim I think I prefere so far (maybe you have other suggestions):

Tomason TN4 (sorry, it's fitted on an audi tt; but you get my poiint...)

After checking out a lot of 'customer cars' with these rims (see link below),

http://www.tomason.de/tn4_presentation.php

I noticed that this TN4 definitely doesn't match all cars regarding the looks of it! And of course, no pictures available of an E92

--> So, what do you guys think I'd do ...

Almost forgot, these has been the wheels I wanted for over half a year (and still a little bit):

Brock B22 (black/polished or gunmetal/polished):

Problem with these is that they don't come in a larger width then 8"x19". That shouldn't be a problem for the front axle, but definitely for the rear axle.
Untill now, I only searched on 5 spoke wheels 'cause I thought that suits this car best, however after seeing those 10 spoke Tomasons, I'm not sure anymore...

Thanks in advance for your time, and hopefully I may receive a few answers or suggestions.

Kind regards,

Erwin
(Belgium, Europe)

Appreciate 0