Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK iPhone XS and IDrive

11-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
MGooda
Rep
Drives: M340i Sapphire Black

iPhone XS and IDrive

Hi

New to the forum and owned a M340i for about two weeks. Amazing car and versatile in every possible area.

Have an issue though, for some reason when simply playing my music library in shuffle mode on the above device, connected wired or by Bluetooth - the system will simply say "please wait" instead of displaying the shuffled track listing.

This means nothing can be scrolled through using the IDrive controller, only by pressing next track via the steering wheel can the track be changed, and no way of telling what it is until it starts.

Might not seem like a big deal but is annoying, and only seems like my device. Sons IPhone 8 all works fine.

Should say this is outside of CarPlay which I don't use.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Yeah, mine does the same sometimes.

I’ve tried CarPlay but it’s bit hit and miss with random disconnections and sometimes refusal to even connect. Unless it’s seriously improved via updates I won’t be purchasing it outside of the 12 month free trial period.

I love the BMW Connected Music it’s pretty much found everything I’ve searched for and always connects flawlessly. I’ll continue to play about with it in the 3 month free trial but £120 per year after that it’s a bit on the steep side unless I cancel my Apple Music our YouTube Premium/YouTube Music.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
JohnBarny
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d + G21 330i

I have done 1200 miles now and not once had a issue with car play I think they fixed it in later update.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

I’ve checked for an update on mine but it says no update available.

Maybe it’s me.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 08:20 AM   #5
MGooda
Rep
Drives: M340i Sapphire Black

Just to confirm, this issue is outside of Apple CarPlay. That is working fine without issue.

This is purely when asking the system to play shuffled music straight via IDrive.
Appreciate 0