Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Bridgestone Tires - DO THEY ALL Feather

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Bridgestone Tires - DO THEY ALL Feather

Ok - I have a set of the RE050s on the 3er and have a set of Potenza G009s on a Passat and Turanza LH-S on an A4 --- all have noise issues related to the outer edge feathering (Heel - Toe) issue.
I monitor air pressure regularly and this still occurs. I was looking at a set of
RE960s for the Passat but hesitate due to past Bridgstone issues.

Is this common with Bridgstone & it dosen't appear to just be a direction tire thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Negative. I have had a number of Bridgestone tires and haven't found that problem with any of them on many different vehicles and fitments over the years on my own vehicles.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Potenza RE760 -- GARY @ THE RACK

OK - Now that I have my numbers right (RE760). Gary & Others --- your opinion of the RE760.

I am thinking of purchasing & running them even in winter in northern Alabama on the PASSAT & A4. If I like them I would even consider putting them on the 328i -- anything is better than the RE050A due to the road noise & RFT issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
OK - Now that I have my numbers right (RE760). Gary & Others --- your opinion of the RE760.

I am thinking of purchasing & running them even in winter in northern Alabama on the PASSAT & A4. If I like them I would even consider putting them on the 328i -- anything is better than the RE050A due to the road noise & RFT issues.
Initial feedback on the new 760 has been very good. It will be a slight step down in steering response and dry grip from what you have but will be noticeably smoother and quieter with longer treadlife.

Tires
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...ires/index.jsp

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0