BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

08-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Factory_Rider
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels, 2 Doors

Service Light Reset

Just got the 1200 mile service done, and shockingly, they forgot to reset the miles to service indicator. Anyone know how to do this?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factory_Rider View Post
Just got the 1200 mile service done, and shockingly, they forgot to reset the miles to service indicator. Anyone know how to do this?

As far as i know you need an electronic gizmo which hooks up to the OBD II port and reads the fault codes. They are available after market but do you really need/want one?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
S.WOOD
Registered
Rep
Drives: V8 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldminer View Post
As far as i know you need an electronic gizmo which hooks up to the OBD II port and reads the fault codes. They are available after market but do you really need/want one?
I'm in the same boat, my car has only covered 5,000 in two years, the service light came on so I took it to the garage for what I thought would be a oil/oil filter change, however they said that i would need the pollen filters and brake oil changing. I said that they didn't need changing, so now even though the oil has been done the service light is still on. So were can you purchase one of these gizmos? and what sort of price are they?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
S.WOOD
Registered
Rep
Drives: V8 M3

Quote:
If you do find out how to do it please send me a PM and like wise if I find out I'll send you a PM
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Anyone know how to do this?
It's real easy to do from the turn-signal stalk; I reset mine after doing the brake fluid flush myself. Do a search on this forum; don't remember the exact sequence of steps, and don't want to give you wrong info. Good luck.
Appreciate 0