Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Charge your 330e over night for only 60p!

11-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Great to see so many 330e owners finally getting their cars :-) 2500 miles in I'm still loving mine!

Assuming you can charge at home it costs about £1.60 to charge from flat (based on 14p/KWH). We've been a customer of Octopus Energy for a couple of years and they have recently introduced a special EV tariff which allows you to charge for almost 1/3rd of the price (5p/KWH) over night. I can see a few others have also signed up.

It runs between 12:30am and 4:30am and you can control charge time via the car or Connected Drive app. Assuming you have a dedicated charge point its more than enough time to fully charge and even if 3-pin only it will see you mostly there.

A few points:

1. The only Which? recommended energy provider (costs, customer service etc).
2. Will fit a 2nd gen smart meter for free (if you need one) so you can monitor your electricity and gas usage more carefully
3. No lock in so you're free to move elsewhere any time
4. 100% green energy
5. Very competitive prices

Assuming you fully charge 4 out of 5 nights it will save you around £300/year in electricity costs.

You can switch yourself online here:

https://octopus.energy/go/

BUT if you want to get a £50 credit on your account use this link:

https://share.octopus.energy/nice-gale-893

It will also give me a £50 credit :-) Oh, other than being a happy customer I've no connection to Octopus Energy.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17426.00