E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > HomeLink, Compass, Autodimming Not Working

10-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
trgray
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93N 335i Convertible

HomeLink, Compass, Autodimming Not Working

I have a 2013 335 convertible (E93) that I retrofitted with the Homelink/Compass/Autodimming mirror that includes Comfort Access (using the retrofit harness).

I recently had the front windshield replaced and when I got it back the Comfort Access and security works (clown nose blinks, etc.), but not the HomeLink, compass, or autodimming.

The glass shop swears all they did was disconnect the mirror from the windshield and let it hang while installing the new one.

I have tried all the fuses I can think for the mirror, I have looked at the wiring harnesses (they look good), I have disconnected the negative battery cable for 5-10 minutes...and nothing has gotten the Homelink/Compass/Autodimming working again.

Before I try the next step (a new retrofit harness), does anyone else have ideas? I've read where the overhead console that powers some mirror functions is controlled by the footwell module (FRM) - could the problem be there?

It doesn't seem like a coding issue since I didn't have to mess with coding the first time?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0