BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 2018 X1 28i exhaust flap mod

10-26-2019, 07:49 PM   #1
johanness_gerhard
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 Msport

2018 X1 28i exhaust flap mod

Hey all.

So I've been reading through the various ways to go about this mod (holding open the exhaust flap open). I believe this varies based on your model year.

For the life of me, that actuator on the top of the exhaust controlling the flap would NOT move. The C-clip would deform before that sucker would budge one mm. So I took the C-clip off and tried to rotate it - just like any regular standard head screw. No dice.

So seeing that everything was still intact, but the flapper itself just blowing in the wind - I decided to wire the slot in the open position and tie it tight. The actuator is still hooked up and can do it's thing, it's just not connected to anything. So no codes or electrical tape.

Anyways, here's a pic so you get it. Copper wire should be sufficient?

Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 01:26 AM   #2
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

not sure if yours would work the same but i'd just unplug the connector to the actuator while the flap is in the open position.
Appreciate 0