E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 123D 1 series Coupe remaped by evolve

08-26-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
jonnyuk06
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d SE

123D 1 series Coupe remaped by evolve

Went to see the guys at evolve over the bank holiday down in Luton and got my coupe remaped. Let me first say they are a great bunch of guys and clearly know their stuff, listened to what i wanted and delivered, i think a 120D (177 had just been in before me). I Spent the best part of 4 hours with them, did about 14 dyno runs and tried half a dozen different maps, it was the first time i've had a remaped but Imran talked me through what he would do and showed me how it all worked etc, he explained how some people can fudge the dyno results to give better reading, he called his dyno the ego buster for the reason it shows the real figures not some way out claim!

I'm really pleased with the results so far (going back again to do abit more work on the map), the car feels lighter on its feet, more resposive, its like a rocket ship. Pulls effortlessly in all gears and revs more like a petrol engine now. The drive is still as smooth, no judders/jerking when accelerating hard, around town you can't tell its had a remap which for me was essential. MPG has increased by a few as well.

He also showed me a comparision for the 120D, a spider bix vs a proper remap, the difference was a real suprise to me. Would be very interesting to get the guys running these tuning boxes to have a dyno run, i would bet they are not running anywhere near as higher BHP/Torque as claimed!

in terms of pricing speak to imran, he will do group buys as well

0870 0850 111
www.evolveyourcar.com

i'll keep you posted regarding my next visit to evolve.

Cheers
jonathan
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

its well worth doing isnt it

i had my 120d done and yes 'rocket ship' is a great word to describe it !! In a way it 'felt' faster than my 335d, but i think that was due to the size of the car etc.

I was wondering what the 123d would be like, glad you like it. Does the 123d have a partical filter on to stop all the 'black crap' (technical eh ) spewing out of the ehaust under hard acelleration, mine 120d after the remap was terible, i used to feel sorry for the people behind sometimes!

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
jonnyuk06
Lieutenant
Rep

ummmm not sure CD. I have never seen any in my rear view mirror and i never saw any on the rolling road, so i'm assuming yes.

the car feels like a different animal now, well worth it.....its going in for a service soon so lets just hope bmw don't spot something and through a hissie fit!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #4
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
i know what you been about the black stuff lol
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #5
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch View Post
i know what you been about the black stuff lol
ah, you too experience the dark side then hmm

this partical filter must be fairly new thing then !

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 06:04 AM   #6
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD View Post
ah, you too experience the dark side then hmm

this partical filter must be fairly new thing then !
having a miro filter fitted tomorrow is that anything to do with it, i follow audis and sometime they puff out black stuff to i get a little when pumping it up the hills ow well lol
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
hmi1750
Major
Rep
Drives: M135i

microfilter is the air filter for the cabin.

The particulate filter is for the exhuast and traps the black carbon, and burns it off or spews it out at certain intervals.. not sure what our cars too.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
jjbirch
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi1750 View Post
microfilter is the air filter for the cabin.

The particulate filter is for the exhuast and traps the black carbon, and burns it off or spews it out at certain intervals.. not sure what our cars too.
ow right i got ya i had a few of these changed in different bmws the last change it had a funny smell when you turn up the aircon on hot days, smelt like shit really lol
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
monkE90
Rep
Drives: E90 320D M SPORT (177)

[QUOTE
The particulate filter is for the exhuast and traps the black carbon, and burns it off or spews it out at certain intervals.. not sure what our cars too.[/QUOTE]

Yes thats right.
I read in book it can smoke heavily sometimes and it never happened to me but when the wife was driving mine then other night it threw its insides up.
She came home complaining that the car was "broke"
I took it up the road for a quick blast and all seemed well.
I was at Evolve before the 123d who started the thread and fully back all his comments.
My brother had his X5 remapped on tuesday by them....WOW 350bhp and 700NM of torque!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 04:11 AM   #10
jonnyuk06
Lieutenant
Rep

ah... i saw your graphs monk, made a hell of a difference!!! can't fault the blokes at evolve.
Appreciate 0