F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Bimmercode TRSVC Module Issue
GetBMWParts

10-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
alistairk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport, 6MT

Bimmercode TRSVC Module Issue

So I'm just now getting ready to code my car via Bimmercode and an OBDLink MX+. One of the things I wanted to code is to turn off the speed sensitivity on activating the side view cameras.

When I connect to the car, however, I get that the coding data on the TRSVC ECU is invalid and therefore cannot be coded. Downloaded Bimmerlink and it says there is a code 800BD1 (Coding: Control Unit not coded) error that is currently present.

About a year ago, one of the side view cameras was replaced and the tech wrote "Removed and replaced TRSVC Control Module. After replacement performed program and coding of new control module."

The cameras work fine currently but I'm not able to code as desired. Any ideas on how to fix this? How would I go about explaining the problem to the SA at BMW dealership? Would they fix it if the underlying electronics are functioning appropriately?

Thanks so much!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Make sure you have a TRSVC. I searched high and low for mine when I wanted to do some coding of the rear view camera, couldn't find it. It turned out that it was controlled by the REM.
Appreciate 1
alistairk117.50
      10-25-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
alistairk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Make sure you have a TRSVC. I searched high and low for mine when I wanted to do some coding of the rear view camera, couldn't find it. It turned out that it was controlled by the REM.
Quote:
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I do, as it isn't just the rear view but the side view I'm wanting to code.

It shows up as attached:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #4
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Sounds like the module wasn't coded to the car, you'd need esys to code it to the car
Appreciate 1
alistairk117.50
      10-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #5
alistairk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Sounds like the module wasn't coded to the car, you'd need esys to code it to the car
Thanks! I assume it's because the dealer didn't code it properly? Would they be able to rectify it?

Alternatively, would you happen to know the oldest windows operating system esys is compatible with?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 10:37 PM   #6
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Thanks! I assume it's because the dealer didn't code it properly? Would they be able to rectify it?

Alternatively, would you happen to know the oldest windows operating system esys is compatible with?
If it was done at a dealer take them the code and tell them to encode it properly
Appreciate 1
alistairk117.50
      10-26-2019, 08:09 AM   #7
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Dealer's don't code, so that's probably not the issue. I expect that they failed to use ISTA/P to correctly program the new module to the car VIN.
Appreciate 1
alistairk117.50
      10-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #8
alistairk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Dealer's don't code, so that's probably not the issue. I expect that they failed to use ISTA/P to correctly program the new module to the car VIN.
This definitely makes sense to me. I'm just a bit worried about how to explain that to the Service advisor. Hope they don't just give me the ol' shrug.

Thanks so much for your guys' help!

[edit: realized question had been answered previously]
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 05:51 PM   #9
alistairk
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So thanks for all your input! Took it to the dealer and they tried to encode the module and it wouldn't take so they had to finally encode via IRAP (supposedly linking directly with BMW in Germany).

End result is the error is cleared!
Appreciate 0