Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics No remote services!

10-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Leonardo52
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e ; 2012 F31 328i

No remote services!

For more than a week now, remote services in the connected drive app are not working. The status of the car is not updated in the app.
Also, driver recording in the car is down.

I contacted customer services, and all they say is that there are technical problems in München. They ask to be patient...

Anyone else having similar problems?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
App works now and again but Drive Recorder keeps failing. Takes an iDrive reset to get it working. Next time you get in the car it has failed again ...... repeat....

Discussions on the UK forum are showing many issues with the app etc.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
Mb73288
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw 330i xdrive

Same here with my car in the US . all my apps are gone and no live traffic . also the update app option is also blacked out.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 11:06 PM   #4
Leonardo52
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e ; 2012 F31 328i

I got tired of waiting for a solution from customer services and contacted the dealer. He did an upgrade to 07.2019.70 and now remote services are working (except for the driving statistics - they are still not updated).
Drive recorder still isn't working...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #5
dljames9
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I have the same problem with my 2020 M340i. Support is saying all 2020 vehicles are not working, and they have no information on when it will be fixed. I’m on version 53. I may go to the dealer and see if they will upgrade to 70 to see if that fixes the issue. Pretty ridiculous that in 2019 a company as big as BMW can’t fix something like this.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 07:46 AM   #6
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Dealer service fixed it!

They did not take the excuse either - sent a remote start from a plane on WiFi in SFO all the way to Austin Texas - fewer tests of complicated connection paths exist

Huge kudos to BMW of North Austin - they took amazing care of this and truly advocated for me as a customer on a number of things

Repetitive response from a few other posts but I've been chatty on this one
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 01:57 PM   #7
dljames9
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCardamon View Post
Dealer service fixed it!

They did not take the excuse either - sent a remote start from a plane on WiFi in SFO all the way to Austin Texas - fewer tests of complicated connection paths exist

Huge kudos to BMW of North Austin - they took amazing care of this and truly advocated for me as a customer on a number of things

Repetitive response from a few other posts but I've been chatty on this one
What did the dealer do to fix it? I need to get them to do the same thing for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #8
aguycalleddb
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo52 View Post
For more than a week now, remote services in the connected drive app are not working. The status of the car is not updated in the app.
Also, driver recording in the car is down.

I contacted customer services, and all they say is that there are technical problems in München. They ask to be patient...

Anyone else having similar problems?
Mines been like that for a couple of weeks now, still waiting for an answer from Germany

G42 /// M240i Thundernight
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #9
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Mines been completely frozen for a few month and I’m in Canada. Anybody’s app working at this time? I kinda gave up on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #10
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

How come so many of you have issues with CD? My CD works flawlessly to this day.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:08 AM   #11
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Mine has not worked since 9/24/19.

Pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 10:36 PM   #12
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

So many discussions on this it's ridiculous how many people are affected. I opened a thread on this a few weeks ago too. Connected drive doesn't work, frozen on "last updated" on 10/20...

Called BMW Genius and they basically said it's a known issue and no fix currently and we made a ticket of your concerns.

Absolutely ridiculous how such a big car brand like this can't fix an app and get it to start working. It's convenient to use, hopefully more people start calling in and making it an issue so they prioritize fixing this.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 10:38 PM   #13
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dljames9 View Post
I have the same problem with my 2020 M340i. Support is saying all 2020 vehicles are not working, and they have no information on when it will be fixed. I'm on version 53. I may go to the dealer and see if they will upgrade to 70 to see if that fixes the issue. Pretty ridiculous that in 2019 a company as big as BMW can't fix something like this.
I'm not even trying to get another software update. Honestly I'm more concerned of something else being broken on the latest version. My version has been working fine but the one I had before was horrible. If your software update fixes please let us know. Some one has posted a fix that worked for some people on the G20 general forum if you take a look.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #14
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
I have the same problem with my 2020 M340i. Support is saying all 2020 vehicles are not working, and they have no information on when it will be fixed. I'm on version 53. I may go to the dealer and see if they will upgrade to 70 to see if that fixes the issue. Pretty ridiculous that in 2019 a company as big as BMW can't fix something like this.
I'm not even trying to get another software update. Honestly I'm more concerned of something else being broken on the latest version. My version has been working fine but the one I had before was horrible. If your software update fixes please let us know. Some one has posted a fix that worked for some people on the G20 general forum if you take a look.
I also posted a fix I found this weekend after trying idrive restarts etc not working deleting app not working. I finally found out that it was Waze causing the issue. I deleted Waze and it instantly updated. Hopefully others having this issue have the same fix as me and it's easy, worth a try
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #15
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I also posted a fix I found this weekend after trying idrive restarts etc not working deleting app not working. I finally found out that it was Waze causing the issue. I deleted Waze and it instantly updated. Hopefully others having this issue have the same fix as me and it's easy, worth a try
I don't use waze so that's not the issue for me unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:24 PM   #16
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fair enough but maybe as a process of elimination, remove one app at a time that you can use through CarPlay it might be a different app causing the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #17
Appelsien
Registered
Rep
Drives: G21 320XD

I see you're from Belgium. Did you manage to contact BMW Assistance through the car? It asks me to choose a language (use #1 or #2 button). Unfortunately, the numberpad is unavailable during this call
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 02:26 PM   #18
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fair enough but maybe as a process of elimination, remove one app at a time that you can use through CarPlay it might be a different app causing the same issue.
Thanks but I also don't use CarPlay, I do not like the interface. Maybe one day I'll use it but I find no use for it currently.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #19
PercyARS
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVlnStud View Post
Mines been completely frozen for a few month and I’m in Canada. Anybody’s app working at this time? I kinda gave up on it.
I am having the same issue. Mine hasn't updated since Oct 20.
Appreciate 0