F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Super pro arms
proTUNING Freaks

10-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
madriz
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i f32

Super pro arms

When do you think these arms will go on sale for our F3x?

At the moment they are for series 1 and 2.

https://mp-uk.com/choose-your-car/bm...2-e87-e88-all/
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #2
andino
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 328i xdrive

Superpro bushings haven't holding up well in the LCA on f3x. Mine was completely cooked after a couple thousand miles. I'd inquire if superpro plans to make them more robust to lateral movement because the LCA bushing is susceptible to more than just vertical movement that the poly was designed for.
      10-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
CrushJelly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M140i

The link is for the E series chassis. When the F series stuff comes out, the same part will fit 1, 2, 3 and 4 series.

I will keep repeating the same thing:

- SuperPro have pulled the LCA bushings from their store. They have recognised the PU prematurely fails in that LCA joint.

- the above product linked by the OP is for the full LCA and tension arm replacement kit. SuperPro have already prototyped these and are waiting for manufacturing capacity to release them. They are based off the Lemforder F80 arms.

I have the prototype on my car. Graham (SuperPro CEO) personally delivered and oversaw their installation to replace the failed bushings.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #4
andino
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjaman View Post
The link is for the E series chassis. When the F series stuff comes out, the same part will fit 1, 2, 3 and 4 series.

I will keep repeating the same thing:

- SuperPro have pulled the LCA bushings from their store. They have recognised the PU prematurely fails in that LCA joint.

- the above product linked by the OP is for the full LCA and tension arm replacement kit. SuperPro have already prototyped these and are waiting for manufacturing capacity to release them. They are based off the Lemforder F80 arms.

I have the prototype on my car. Graham (SuperPro CEO) personally delivered and oversaw their installation to replace the failed bushings.
Do you have photos of the new (updated) LCA bushing? I'd like to see what kind of improvements they made to make it so they're more robust.

Another note is that if the new arms are based on the f80 arms, then that's a non-starter for xdrive cars as the the f8x arms offset the carrier to the point where axles slip out.
      10-16-2019, 03:19 PM   #5
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Is the LCA part a monoball? The E-series part looks to be from those photos.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #6
CrushJelly
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Is the LCA part a monoball? The E-series part looks to be from those photos.
Yes, the SuperPro parts will identical to Lemforder, which is identical to "M" branded F80 arms - so yes, monoball joint for the SuperPro LCA.

The UCA/tension arm will have a PU bush on one end where the "M" branded OEM parts use a harder rubber bush.

So basically, if the "M" branded stock F80 arms use:
- a monoball (LCA), the SuperPro version will also use a monoball.
- a rubber bush (UCA/tension arm), the SuperPro version will use a PU bush.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
CrushJelly
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Do you have photos of the new (updated) LCA bushing? I'd like to see what kind of improvements they made to make it so they're more robust.

Another note is that if the new arms are based on the f80 arms, then that's a non-starter for xdrive cars as the the f8x arms offset the carrier to the point where axles slip out.
There is no update to the camber adjustable LCA bush. They will only do the full arms going forward, which will use monoball joints.

And yes, all this development is for RWD cars only, as far as I'm aware. We don't get X-Drive in Australia.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
madriz
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i f32

Quote:
Yes, the SuperPro parts will identical to Lemforder, which is identical to "M" branded F80 arms - so yes, monoball joint for the SuperPro LCA.

The UCA/tension arm will have a PU bush on one end where the "M" branded OEM parts use a harder rubber bush.

So basically, if the "M" branded stock F80 arms use:
- a monoball (LCA), the SuperPro version will also use a monoball.
- a rubber bush (UCA/tension arm), the SuperPro version will use a PU bush.

Why use pu when M don't use it?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #9
andino
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madriz View Post
That's what superpro currently offers for their standalone LCA bushing. It looks like SuperPro Aus is working on a monoball solution for the LCA for sDrive cars. So hopefully you have an sDrive car and not xDrive. Otherwise, other parts of the world still seem to selling the PU standalone busing from SuperPro (which is what I would avoid for the LCA).

Edit: Oops, I misread your comment. f8x uses a PU bushing still in the tension strut/UCA. That's what is available for other aftermarket options as well and they hold up without too much trouble. Its moving from a monoball/liquid filled bushing to a PU bushing on the LCA that's an issue. One which they're addressing for sDrive.
      10-16-2019, 05:34 PM   #10
CrushJelly
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madriz View Post
Why upgrade from rubber subframe bushes to PU bushes?
Why replace any rubber part with PU?

Because PU is better for performance than rubber.
It was just very unfortunate that PU was not suitable for use in the LCA joint due to the rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
f8x uses a PU bushing still in the tension strut/UCA. That's what is available for other aftermarket options as well and they hold up without too much trouble. Its moving from a monoball/liquid filled bushing to a PU bushing on the LCA that's an issue. One which they're addressing for sDrive.
Yep, this. Although to be pedantic, I believe that stock F8x arms use a hard rubber, not PU.
Appreciate 0