E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > A/C Not Working & Need To Bleed Coolant!

10-11-2019, 12:58 AM   #1
Dreo
Rep
Drives: E92 White

A/C Not Working & Need To Bleed Coolant!

2007 E92 335i N54

My A/C is not working (can't adjust temperature, 2 knobs don't work, and doesn't blow cold, AC light illuminates) but my blower works fine at all speeds. Normally this wouldn't be a major but I've just added coolant back in and need to bleed it (fan at 1 and heat on max + gas pedal down for 10 seconds) but I can't adjust my heat to max to initialize the coolant bleed procedure!

So I've just pulled and reinstalled the turbos to fix wastegate rattle as well as doing the oil pan gasket...I have also pulled a lot of the interior and unplugged things (all plugged back in). Battery did get low on juice and and ignition was turned on while low.

I've checked the fuses: Auxiliary heater control module, AUC sensor
Front seat heating modules, A/C and heating system - All fine.

I've done a reset (wait 25min, unplug battery - touch ends together to drain power, wait 25min and reconnect) and it worked, I lost the time etc. but still no A/C control.

I've checked the plugs etc. and found the A/C plug on the back of the control unit - No difference with this plugged in or not so seems to pe connected to the issue but not sure what to do about it.

Have scanned for codes but cant find anything.

Everything else on the car works.

Have been researching all day and pretty sure this is an electronics thing but really not sure what to test next!

Anyone have any ideas?

Categories to scan for codes in?

Also another way to bleed coolant/Run water pump in the meantime?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
sdhzlgl
Sri Lanka
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreo View Post
2007 E92 335i N54

My A/C is not working (can't adjust temperature, 2 knobs don't work, and doesn't blow cold, AC light illuminates) but my blower works fine at all speeds. Normally this wouldn't be a major but I've just added coolant back in and need to bleed it (fan at 1 and heat on max + gas pedal down for 10 seconds) but I can't adjust my heat to max to initialize the coolant bleed procedure!

So I've just pulled and reinstalled the turbos to fix wastegate rattle as well as doing the oil pan gasket...I have also pulled a lot of the interior and unplugged things (all plugged back in). Battery did get low on juice and and ignition was turned on while low.

I've checked the fuses: Auxiliary heater control module, AUC sensor
Front seat heating modules, A/C and heating system - All fine.

I've done a reset (wait 25min, unplug battery - touch ends together to drain power, wait 25min and reconnect) and it worked, I lost the time etc. but still no A/C control.

I've checked the plugs etc. and found the A/C plug on the back of the control unit - No difference with this plugged in or not so seems to pe connected to the issue but not sure what to do about it.

Have scanned for codes but cant find anything.

Everything else on the car works.

Have been researching all day and pretty sure this is an electronics thing but really not sure what to test next!

Anyone have any ideas?

Categories to scan for codes in?

Also another way to bleed coolant/Run water pump in the meantime?

There is a hose in the front section of the coolant storage tank. There is a plastic screw on the joint, which is the exhaust screw.
Appreciate 0