E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > xHP Transmission Flash for 335i? Which Option go to with?

10-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Question xHP Transmission Flash for 335i? Which Option go to with?

I've been looking around at different transmissions tune flashes for my 07' 335i 6-speed automatic. I've decided to go with xHp. I installed the app on my phone, but when I start looking at the different licenses you can purchase...it's kind of confusing.

For $119 you can purchase the "general license".....for $249 you can get the "Super 6-speed" license"....and for $49.99 you can get the "customization license".

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what the differences are between these three options. The app doesn't really give you much detail as far as what you get with each license option.

Can someone help me out here? I would life faster/firmer shifting. Quicker shifting in manual mode. Throttle blips when down shifting.......but I can't tell which licenses will get you that, and which won't.

Or...should I go with something other than xHP?
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 08:46 PM   #2
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

I assume your trans is AT?
Just get the general license and flash Stage 3.
      10-06-2019, 09:17 PM   #3
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM3Rrrr View Post
I assume your trans is AT?
Just get the general license and flash Stage 3.
So what's the difference between the general and the customization license? You can't do the stage three transmission tune with the customization license?

What extra stuff do you get with the "super 6" licence?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 02:38 AM   #4
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

The customization license means exactly what it states:

Customization-License

The "Customization-License" enables to change various settings before flash and merge them into the OTS files. Buyers of the License will get future updates for free.
Items currently changeable:
»Shiftmaps changeable in D and S mode
»Set max. RPM for D,S and M mode.
»Set max. RPM with Kickdown switch pressed/depressed
»Alter Shift - Speeds in M - Mode

General License:

The "General Flash License 6-Speed" enables unlimited flashing for a single vehicle. Once you purchased the license, you can either create your own custom maps, or choose from our pre-defined Maps in the xHP Store and flash them directly to your vehicle!
»Enables unlimited flashing for a single Vehicle (VIN - Lock)
»Includes all future OTS Map updates
»Enables to buy OTS Maps from the xHP store
»Enables to flash custom maps
»Let's you revert your vehicle to stock anytime

You have to pick at least one Stage to combine with your General License:

Super 6 License:

The "Super License 6-Speed" packs the most popular stuff from xHP for your car with a discount! This license includes Stage 1,2 and 3 maps + the flashing license with a 77 USD discount! Everything in one sweep.
»Enables unlimited flashing for a single Vehicle (VIN - Lock)
»Includes Stage 1,2,3 maps from the xHP Store
»Includes ALL future OTS updates
»Enables to flash custom maps
»Let's you revert your vehicle to stock anytime

The SUPER LICENSE includes all 3 Stages

Again I would go with the general license as most will tell you all you need is Stage 3 map. No point in spending extra money on the stage 1 & 2