E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Eff Vista BMW service dept..

04-03-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Eff Vista BMW service dept..

Here is my story of today.
Had a 7:30 appointment to get my A/C fixed which some of you might remember me complaining about 3 months ago.
Got to the disorganized mess thats called the service dept, talked to my rep. She said "you cant have a bmw loaner, cause you didnt buy the car here, but we will pay for an enterprise car for today, if it takes longer then 1 day to fix, you may or may not have to pay for the rest"
So i went on my rant about how they should try to win my business for next time i buy a car, instead of making it 100% official that i will never give them my money. she doenst buy it. so i walk over to enterprise, and the kid says, wheres your slip that they were suppose to give you, blah blah. so the rep meets me at enterprise and says
"I told you, you have to pay for the first day, we might pay for it if it takes longer then one day"
So i obviously, took my car and left.
Because dealership #1 treated me like shit, and then tried to rip me off, when further away dealership #2 treated me like an adult and gave me a better deal, i have to be punished. arent there like standard rules that all bmw dealerships have to follow. dont they HAVE to provide some sort of car for me for free.
Im pretty pissed.
I also would like to complain, but am not sure who to talk to.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
DeepGreenE90
Your Daddy
Rep
Drives: E90/ZSP/DeepGreen/Terra/6spd

BMW Customer relations: 1(800) 233-8896.
      04-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #3
cdheaven
Rep

thanks dge, but that number was for the congierge service. they did give me the right number which is (800) 831-1117
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #4
cdheaven
Rep

also. there are no corporate rules on who gets what car, or if they get a car at all. its very frustrating that my local dealership treated me like shit, and the dealership half hour away treated me right, cause now everything my car effs up, i have to plan my wholllle day around driving way far away.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
06330i
fresher den you
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2004 x3

Garage List
2006 E90, 330i  [0.00]
almost the same bs happened to me cept a diff dealer. car has to go to the body shop for a week and they didnt even offer me a loner. grrrrrr
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #6
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

my dealer sucks donkey balls.......

i don't deal with them anymore......not even for a free oil change!
      05-24-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
kpn111
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Jet Black 325i

Which BMW dealer did you end up going to? I am currently in the market for a new BMW and am trying to find a decent sales person to deal with. The guy at Lauderdale BMW in Pembroke Pines tried to screw me over and I got fed up and left.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

hmm I wonder if I will have better luck when I bring my car into Vista since I bought it there or if I should try elsewhere instead.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #9
nyyankee
The Ultimate Posting Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
ce heaven leme guess you bought your car at lauterdale imports???

The only reason that I am having my car repaired at vista is because they only work on BMW's and Mini's. Lauderdale's service department works on BMW's, Mercurry, and Hondas. I dont want the honda tecs working on my BWM.
Lauderdale also shares the paint shop with honda, mercurry and bmw......so my bmw is being repainted with the same paint that would be used on a a civic or sable.

DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, funny, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct. The above-stated information is instead provided on an "AS IS" basis, and is subject to revision with or without notice.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #10
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

as far as loaners go it is really up to the individual dealers to offer a loaner to you if you didnt buy the car from there...it's shitty that they treated you that way though. I think sometimes dealers get so busy with work they forget that repeat customers are what keeps them alive and around. You did the right thing by taking your car elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2006, 11:46 PM   #11
cdheaven
Rep

i talked to billy someone or other at lauderdale imports. like i said, i thought he was a great guy, mostly because i was referrred to him from someone who has dealt with him a bunch of times.
I didnt know that lauderdale imports deals with hondas and mercurys, but i would be willling to bet you have to have a certain certification to work on a bmw, and if you have that certification, who cares if you work on a nsx every once in a while?? if the honda techs only have the honda certifications, then im sure they wont be touching the bmws? what do you think?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #12
nyyankee
The Ultimate Posting Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven
i talked to billy someone or other at lauderdale imports. like i said, i thought he was a great guy, mostly because i was referrred to him from someone who has dealt with him a bunch of times.
I didnt know that lauderdale imports deals with hondas and mercurys, but i would be willling to bet you have to have a certain certification to work on a bmw, and if you have that certification, who cares if you work on a nsx every once in a while?? if the honda techs only have the honda certifications, then im sure they wont be touching the bmws? what do you think?
Im 95% shure your right about the tecs....but as of now, I have to get my car repaired. In this repair they have to blend the paint on the passasenger door, the hood to the new side pannel. I don't want my new BMW to be painted with the same paint that they use on the mercury's and hondas.I am 100% positive that this is true.

DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, funny, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct. The above-stated information is instead provided on an "AS IS" basis, and is subject to revision with or without notice.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2006, 04:09 PM   #13
cdheaven
Rep

i dunno man. my car is a two year lease, so i dont worry about this type of stuff anymore. if something happens to my car, i will get it fixed to lease regulation or whatever, and be fine with it. if i was gonna keep my car for 7-10 years, maybe i would worry about this stuff.
maybe fleet knows, or someone else knows.....
but is BMW paint better QUALITY paint then honda paint? And if so, wouldnt they HAVE to use the same type of paint (paint code) to repair your car as the quality paint from the factory?
Im not arguing with you, because i have no idea, and oyu probably know better than i do.
Appreciate 0