Drives: 18 M5 FE,15 M6 GC, 12 M5,06 M5

F90 vs stock 720S

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

LOL that title "destroyed" I sure didnt see that.

Pardon my ignorance but arent 720's trapping 140's or super high 130's? Whats the fastest M5 trapping?

to me this is just a street race where, at a point in time, the F90 heavily modified- held its own.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
vtknight966.50
limeypride4418.50
      09-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
LOL that title "destroyed" I sure didnt see that.

Pardon my ignorance but arent 720's trapping 140's or super high 130's? Whats the fastest M5 trapping?

to me this is just a street race where, at a point in time, the F90 heavily modified- held its own.
That's a 1/4 mile and yes in ideal conditions the 720S should be much faster. The AWD worked its magic for the M5.
If you pay attention to the start, the 720 S came out first.
Nevertheless 720S is a great car and this race was for shits and giggles but Not bad for a 5 passenger family car.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #4
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahin View Post
That's a 1/4 mile and yes in ideal conditions the 720S should be much faster. The AWD worked its magic for the M5.
If you pay attention to the start, the 720 S came out first.
Nevertheless 720S is a great car and this race was for shits and giggles but Not bad for a 5 passenger family car.
Not bad at all thats why I have one LOL.

I have seen many a 720s race and often they dont get out of the gate but damn they pull well before the quarter in most.

Thanks for posting.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      09-25-2019, 04:44 PM   #5
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

It's great to post cool videos, but like anything else it is too easy to get caught up in hype. I love my F90 CE - but I am not going to start stating, even modified, I am a "Dragon Slayer"...lol...sigh.

The video is disjointed...at about 15 seconds - the Mclaren is clearly pulling ahead - albeit going up a hill. Then there is video of the BMW ahead by about a car where the second camera angle starts up just after - but then the Mclaren pulls ahead before both cars brake - like the first camera angle.

So - "destroyed" is obviously the wrong word to use here and is likely click bait for views - and being honest - this outcome is an aberration. 720's trap mid 140's bone stock and are in the mid to high 9's. I have video of a 720 that looks just like the one in this video - trapping 150 MPH. There is no "should be much faster" - the 720 is 100% faster. No F90 is remotely close to that trap speed to my knowledge. If it was a bad start - cool - that is racing, but these cars are not very close to each other performance wise.

A quick change in title and its a fun watch.
Appreciate 2
Vic5518961.00
onfireX53616.50
      09-25-2019, 10:01 PM   #6
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
It's great to post cool videos, but like anything else it is too easy to get caught up in hype. I love my F90 CE - but I am not going to start stating, even modified, I am a "Dragon Slayer"...lol...sigh.

The video is disjointed...at about 15 seconds - the Mclaren is clearly pulling ahead - albeit going up a hill. Then there is video of the BMW ahead by about a car where the second camera angle starts up just after - but then the Mclaren pulls ahead before both cars brake - like the first camera angle.

So - "destroyed" is obviously the wrong word to use here and is likely click bait for views - and being honest - this outcome is an aberration. 720's trap mid 140's bone stock and are in the mid to high 9's. I have video of a 720 that looks just like the one in this video - trapping 150 MPH. There is no "should be much faster" - the 720 is 100% faster. No F90 is remotely close to that trap speed to my knowledge. If it was a bad start - cool - that is racing, but these cars are not very close to each other performance wise.

A quick change in title and its a fun watch.
If you read my reply it was for shits and giggles two people just lining up their cars.
Second, that is not my Youtube Chanel nor did I put the headings or title of video, again someone having fun with the video. Lastly inspector gadget, the M5 beat the 720S from the mid point all the way to the 1/4 mile aka stop sign and left off the gas. Me and 50 other people where there to witness it.
So enjoy the video and remember there are no kids here making false cut and paste video clips.
At the end of the day, it was race between a stock 720S rear wheel drive vs a well modified awd M5.
That night M5 beat the 720 S
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 10:39 PM   #7
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
If you read my reply it was for shits and giggles two people just lining up their cars.
Second, that is not my Youtube Chanel nor did I put the headings or title of video, again someone having fun with the video. Lastly inspector gadget, the M5 beat the 720S from the mid point all the way to the 1/4 mile aka stop sign and left off the gas. Me and 50 other people where there to witness it.
So enjoy the video and remember there are no kids here making false cut and paste video clips.
At the end of the day, it was race between a stock 720S rear wheel drive vs a well modified awd M5.
1. I don't have any doubt what you posted was what happened. Period.
2. I owned an F90 for 18 months and loved it. Would still own it if the TTS did not exist.
3. I cross shopped the 720S vs the TTS. Wayyy too many reliablility issues, rattle issues, etc in the 720S for me as a comfortable , fast daily. So I bought the slower TTS. I would actually have kept my F90 over the 720S, even though the 720S has amazing acceleration (when running).

But, what J brought up above is about real world racing. On that night, with those drivers the F90 won. In a race with reasonably equal drivers and the 720S running at stock potential power, it would never come close to losing to a Stage XXX tune with downpipes, race gas, meth injection, etc. so I know where J is coming from....

Now if the F90 has a LOT more mods than posted...aftermarket turbos, combo tune, gutted interior , single race seat, etc,etc,etc, could come close to a stock 720S.....
Appreciate 1
shahin168.50
      09-25-2019, 11:09 PM   #8
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
1. I don't have any doubt what you posted was what happened. Period.
2. I owned an F90 for 18 months and loved it. Would still own it if the TTS did not exist.
3. I cross shopped the 720S vs the TTS. Wayyy too many reliablility issues, rattle issues, etc in the 720S for me as a comfortable , fast daily. So I bought the slower TTS. I would actually have kept my F90 over the 720S, even though the 720S has amazing acceleration (when running).

But, what J brought up above is about real world racing. On that night, with those drivers the F90 won. In a race with reasonably equal drivers and the 720S running at stock potential power, it would never come close to losing to a Stage XXX tune with downpipes, race gas, meth injection, etc. so I know where J is coming from....

Now if the F90 has a LOT more mods than posted...aftermarket turbos, combo tune, gutted interior , single race seat, etc,etc,etc, could come close to a stock 720S.....
Me personally would take a stock 720S any day over most modded M5, but its personal taste. M5 had Akro exhaust, octane booster, msr intakes, flash tune and full catless downpipes.
That M5 does10.268 1/4 mile with a passenger.
If you look at dragtimes with Brooks
on prepped track and R888 tires he does 10.4 to 10.5 1/4 mile.
This M5 beat the same 720S at cayuga as well and the 720S knows how to drive. The M5 traps 136 not as fast as 720S but it gets to 1/4 mile faster. No stock 720S has done 9 second 1/4 mile times or 150 trap.

Anyways, enjoy your cars Gentleman, be safe, have fun and trust me that particular M5 beats any stock 720S.
I am not here to argue or diss anyone, just stating the facts
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 11:12 PM   #9
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
If by Inspector Gadget - (he deserves capitals) - you mean I am correct with what I wrote. Thank-you. Like I have said above - having raced a few times in my life - that's racing; the quicker and faster car can always lose depending on driver, car condition and track conditions. That said - the car didn't lose - one or more of the above did. I know you probably didn't get the hand clapping response you were looking for here - and that may have thrown you off a bit, and you find yourself somewhat salty about that, but many on here are unbiased and will call out if a side by side race isn't the definition of "destroyed" and the simple fact no modified F90, at least that I know of, especially in Toronto - even traps 140 MPH in the 1/4 - forget 145-150.
So - like I said - fun video - the modded M5 won - all it needs is a title change.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #10
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If by Inspector Gadget - (he deserves capitals) - you mean I am correct with what I wrote. Thank-you. Like I have said above - having raced a few times in my life - that's racing; the quicker and faster car can always lose depending on driver, car condition and track conditions. That said - the car didn't lose - one or more of the above did. I know you probably didn't get the hand clapping response you were looking for here - and that may have thrown you off a bit, and you find yourself somewhat salty about that, but many on here are unbiased and will call out if a side by side race isn't the definition of "destroyed" and the simple fact no modified F90, at least that I know of, especially in Toronto - even traps 140 MPH in the 1/4 - forget 145-150.
So - like I said - fun video - the modded M5 won - all it needs is a title change.
ignorance is bliss, you win I was wrong
let me know where you like to meet in the gta and I'll bring you your price. A box of Tampons heavy flow to ease down your PMS
Sweetheart when someone responds to you with facts don't get all defensive and become a sourpuss with your assumptions and the way you would like have the events to happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 11:19 PM   #11
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Me personally would take a stock 720S any day over most modded M5, but its personal taste. M5 had Akro exhaust, octane booster, msr intakes, flash tune and full catless downpipes.
That M5 does10.268 1/4 mile with a passenger.
If you look at dragtimes with Brooks
on prepped track and R888 tires he does 10.4 to 10.5 1/4 mile.
This M5 beat the same 720S at cayuga as well and the 720S knows how to drive. The M5 traps 136 not as fast as 720S but it gets to 1/4 mile faster. No stock 720S has done 9 second 1/4 mile times or 150 trap.

Anyways, enjoy your cars Gentleman, be safe, have fun and trust me that particular M5 beats any stock 720S.
I am not here to argue or diss anyone, just stating the facts
I'm afraid, you are most certainly - very - incorrect about Brooks, his 720S, the fact that people have been running 9's with the 720S and the stock 720S running low 140's to 150 MPH.

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 11:24 PM   #12
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Brook claims his is stock and runs 9.87 at 143mph in this vid fwiw....
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      09-25-2019, 11:25 PM   #13
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
ignorance is bliss, you win I was wrong
let me know where you like to meet in the gta and I'll bring you your price. A box of Tampons heavy flow to ease down your PMS
Sweetheart when someone responds to you with facts don't get all defensive and become a sourpuss with your assumptions and the way you would like have the events to happen.
Still salty I see. Being wrong this often, I may begin to feel as you do.
That said - still waiting to see where I was wrong; you however posting a video stating the M5 destroyed a 720s. 10.4-10.5 for a 720s? You will need to get to some more real world versus internet experience I think.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 11:40 PM   #14
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Still salty I see. Being wrong this often, I may begin to feel as you do.
That said - still waiting to see where I was wrong; you however posting a video stating the M5 destroyed a 720s. 10.4-10.5 for a 720s? You will need to get to some more real world versus internet experience I think.
Oh God please help me that really stings, Keyboard Hero found a few quicker videos and now feels relevant. You are a peasant, like a mosquito trying to sting an Elephant LMAO
Every race, day, time , temperature, track prep is different
This link is for Keyboard Hero
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 11:49 PM   #15
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Oh God please help me that really stings, Keyboard Hero found a few quicker videos and now feels relevant. You are a peasant, like a mosquito trying to sting an Elephant LMAO
Every race, day, time , temperature, track prep is different
This link is for Keyboard Hero
Keyboard hero? Lol. You want to name call now, I get it - because you are triggered. I'm sorry I hurt you - seriously - this is simply an internet forum.
That said, please do let me know all of your racing experience. Cars you own and how quick and fast they are.

You've called me a peasant, so I hope your experience and the list is a good one. At least better than mine (and I'm slow).
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 12:03 AM   #16
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Keyboard hero? Lol. You want to name call now, I get it - because you are triggered. I'm sorry I hurt you - seriously - this is simply an internet forum.
That said, please do let me know all of your racing experience. Cars you own and how quick and fast they are.

You've called me a peasant, so I hope your experience and the list is a good one. At least better than mine (and I'm slow).
HAHAHAHAHA
you are a nobody
you don't even matter
your life is so miserable that you have to make shit up in order to be able to communicate with anyone.
I don't need to compare myself to you or proof anything to you.
Just talking to you here I can see you are a looser.
You can have 5 bugatti chiron's in your garage and one billion dollars in your account. You are still a zero hahahahah
Trying to convince me of something that didn't happen because you said so. Keyboard Hero, go look at some more videos and see that cars with higher trap speeds lost to slower trap cars in the 1/4 mile

go poke someone on facebook and comment on other social media platforms to feel a bit better about yourself.

Goodnight my love, I wish that you find yourself and become happy inside
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 12:16 AM   #17
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA
you are a nobody
you don't even matter
your life is so miserable that you have to make shit up in order to be able to communicate with anyone.
I don't need to compare myself to you or proof anything to you.
Just talking to you here I can see you are a looser.
You can have 5 bugatti chiron's in your garage and one billion dollars in your account. You are still a zero hahahahah
Trying to convince me of something that didn't happen because you said so. Keyboard Hero, go look at some more videos and see that cars with higher trap speeds lost to slower trap cars in the 1/4 mile

go poke someone on facebook and comment on other social media platforms to feel a bit better about yourself.

Goodnight my love, I wish that you find yourself and become happy inside
So, that's a no to the list? Okay. I'm not sure if you read your own post, but after re-reading it, I think the happiness part may be something you will want to look into.
I'm not sure about the "trying to convince you about something that didn't happen" part? M5 won in the video. It runs 10.2x at the track at 136 MPH. 720S are high 9 second cars at low 140's to touching 150 depending on DA. The video - no one got destroyed. The video you posted - about Brooks - I'm not sure if you watched it, but he speaks about the track being poor prep and him losing and then him getting them to clean up the track and then winning three times in a row - with a 10.05 ET. He also speaks about him being able to launch the car - better - on the street. So, thank-you for the video.
That said, it really isn't worth getting this upset about. Honestly. This is only the internet.

You are super angry with me? Okay. It will pass, believe me.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 01:43 AM   #18
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

It's fine to have disagreement but name calling is totally unnecessary.
Appreciate 4
vtknight966.50
xander_g962.50
Miko M6648.50
paliknight2186.50
      09-26-2019, 02:10 PM   #19
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So, that's a no to the list? Okay. I'm not sure if you read your own post, but after re-reading it, I think the happiness part may be something you will want to look into.
I'm not sure about the "trying to convince you about something that didn't happen" part? M5 won in the video. It runs 10.2x at the track at 136 MPH. 720S are high 9 second cars at low 140's to touching 150 depending on DA. The video - no one got destroyed. The video you posted - about Brooks - I'm not sure if you watched it, but he speaks about the track being poor prep and him losing and then him getting them to clean up the track and then winning three times in a row - with a 10.05 ET. He also speaks about him being able to launch the car - better - on the street. So, thank-you for the video.
That said, it really isn't worth getting this upset about. Honestly. This is only the internet.

You are super angry with me? Okay. It will pass, believe me.
You are a Quirf, something meaningless that happens, people have a good laugh and forget about you.
Just to put the nail in your coffin, first you assume that you are a judge or have the right to critique the video which no one cares about your opinion. Second you accuse the video to be fake and put together that the M5 won. Third, M5 did 10.2 136 trap with street tires, on a private streets with a passenger and not the best conditions. Not a prepped track, tire warmers and drag radials. Lastly, trap speed and 1/4 mile times are not necessarily connected to win a race. Your messiah Brooks did 140 trap vs the 130 trap lambo and still was slower to the 1/4 mile.
And no where in the video or my statements did I say 720S is slow or not capable of 9's and 150 plus trap speeds

So little man if you want respect, come with facts and not accusations and assumptions and you will get respect in return.
I just posted this link here for fellow F90 M5 enthusiast to see what a modified one can do against a stock 720S.

Save the back and forth and move on to something else
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #20
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
You are a Quirf, something meaningless that happens, people have a good laugh and forget about you.
Just to put the nail in your coffin, first you assume that you are a judge or have the right to critique the video which no one cares about your opinion. Second you accuse the video to be fake and put together that the M5 won. Third, M5 did 10.2 136 trap with street tires, on a private streets with a passenger and not the best conditions. Not a prepped track, tire warmers and drag radials. Lastly, trap speed and 1/4 mile times are not necessarily connected to win a race. Your messiah Brooks did 140 trap vs the 130 trap lambo and still was slower to the 1/4 mile.
And no where in the video or my statements did I say 720S is slow or not capable of 9's and 150 plus trap speeds

So little man if you want respect, come with facts and not accusations and assumptions and you will get respect in return.
I just posted this link here for fellow F90 M5 enthusiast to see what a modified one can do against a stock 720S.

Save the back and forth and move on to something else
Quirf? Lol.
Well - let's got through your comments shall we?
Just to put the nail in your coffin, first you assume that you are a judge or have the right to critique the video which no one cares about your opinion.
This is a public forum, everyone has the right to critique your video. If all you wanted was praise, create your own forum. Second you accuse the video to be fake and put together that the M5 won. That is a negatory, I said the video was disjointed, which it was. I also stated that the M5 won.
Third, M5 did 10.2 136 trap with street tires, on a private streets with a passenger and not the best conditions. Not a prepped track, tire warmers and drag radials. Uncontested by me. That said I would love to see the F90 with DR's - on all four wheels - when it can't do a burn out, unless they wanted to take a chance and run it RWD.
Lastly, trap speed and 1/4 mile times are not necessarily connected to win a race. Your messiah Brooks did 140 trap vs the 130 trap lambo and still was slower to the 1/4 mile.My messiah? Lol. You need to cool your jets. I have been racing longer than you have been alive.
Of course a car can be slower - ET is traction, trap speed is the cars potential. As I stated earlier - it just means the car had a bad run - not that the car is quicker or faster. I also stated that this is racing - and the M5 won.
You literally said 720S Brooks runs on a prepped surface and with R888's runs 10.4 and 10.5's in the same video he runs a 10.05 once he gets that prep.

So little man if you want respect, come with facts and not accusations and assumptions and you will get respect in return.I most certainly don't need your respect lol. What have you done? What cars do you own and have raced? Not enough to post I guess - even though you are the "elephant" in the racing world according to you. You can only insult - and try to be the tough keyboard warrior you say other people are. Despite your comments - I have not chosen to insult you. Because I don't need to in order to get my points across. I have my own experience to fall back about. Is it the most in the world? No. But it is something, that no one can argue. That said there are more important things in the world that you could be doing. Like getting that real world experience.
I just posted this link here for fellow F90 M5 enthusiast to see what a modified one can do against a stock 720S. And - as per my original comment - fun video, just needs a title change.

Have a great day - I have in fact moved on.

Last edited by vtknight; 09-26-2019 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 06:33 AM   #21
josec70
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22' Individual Chalk M5C

Thank you, next
GONE: 13' F10 M5|SG|BLACK|AKRA|KW|IND
LONG GONE: 09' E60 M5|02' E39 M5
Appreciate 1
Miko M6648.50