F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Engine Mod Journey Complete!
Studio RSR

09-23-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Engine Mod Journey Complete!

Alright, I finally went FBO today on my F32 and flashed BM3! Was never into modding cars my entire 37 years of existence, but the whole damn thing started with my friend giving me his old aftermarket rims from his E92. Then I was unhappy with the wheel gap and got coilovers. Then I wasn't happy with the sound and down the rabbit whole I went.

This is what I ended up with for FBO:
- Borla Atak catback
- Active Autowerke FMIC/CP
- Fabspeed catted DP
- NGK spark plugs

Flashed BM3 Stage 2 91 and trans tune today and I am pretty damn happy with the results. Besides the obvious boost in power/responsiveness, I'm most impressed with the quick shifts from the trans tune. I felt like the shifting was slightly sluggish before and would hold the gear too long esp in sports mode. Now the shifts are super quick and timing is perfect.

Lastly, I wasn't happy with my exhaust note even with the Borla Atak catback (to the surprise of some folks here). The Fabspeed DP is perfect for this setup. I think it's well balanced between being too loud/obnoxious and wanting the raspy exhaust note. Couple of things I do want to change is reducing the burbles to less aggressive and adding back the cold start.

Definitely want to give appreciation to the folks here on the forum answering questions and recommendations on parts. Can't believe I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow just to drive my damn car!
Appreciate 4
harkes1085.50
ali820272.50
      09-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
btetier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i M-Sport

Congrats on starting down the the best hobby ever once you start you cant stop, so next thing you gotta do is get that xdi-60 HPFP and ps2 turbo and run full e85
Appreciate 1
Yungsta126.50
      09-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
Derekrpd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungsta View Post
Alright, I finally went FBO today on my F32 and flashed BM3! Was never into modding cars my entire 37 years of existence, but the whole damn thing started with my friend giving me his old aftermarket rims from his E92. Then I was unhappy with the wheel gap and got coilovers. Then I wasn't happy with the sound and down the rabbit whole I went.

- Borla Atak catback
- Fabspeed catted DP
- NGK spark plugs

Flashed BM3 Stage 2 91 and trans tune today and I am pretty damn happy with the results. Besides the obvious boost in power/responsiveness, I'm most impressed with the quick shifts from the trans tune. I felt like the shifting was slightly sluggish before and would hold the gear too long esp in sports mode. Now the shifts are super quick and timing is perfect.

Lastly, I wasn't happy with my exhaust note even with the Borla Atak catback (to the surprise of some folks here). The Fabspeed DP is perfect for this setup. I think it's well balanced between being too loud/obnoxious and wanting the raspy exhaust note. Couple of things I do want to change is reducing the burbles to less aggressive and adding back the cold start.

Definitely want to give appreciation to the folks here on the forum answering questions and recommendations on parts. Can't believe I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow just to drive my damn car!
Congratulations! Great to hear. I just flashed BM3 stage 1 93 last night. The car just wants to go now! I was going to flash the transmission tune this weekend as most seem very happy with the results. Just missing a catted DP now but $1400 for a Fabspeed one seems pretty steep. Maybe in the spring....
Appreciate 1
Yungsta126.50
      09-26-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
Randy Johnson
M340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Nice mods. I’m running bm3 stage one and want stage 2 but need a downpipe. Looking at vrsf due to price.
Appreciate 1
Yungsta126.50
      09-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #5
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

How are your logs looking on our sh*tty California 91 octane gas?
I'm running Stage 2 ACN91 map to play it safe...
Appreciate 2
Yungsta126.50
      09-26-2019, 11:33 PM   #6
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by btetier View Post
Congrats on starting down the the best hobby ever once you start you cant stop, so next thing you gotta do is get that xdi-60 HPFP and ps2 turbo and run full e85
lol I am done man... my wallet is hurting! But who knows, I might get bored in a year and then I'll reconsider.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 11:35 PM   #7
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekrpd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungsta View Post

- Borla Atak catback
- Fabspeed catted DP
- NGK spark plugs

Congratulations! Great to hear. I just flashed BM3 stage 1 93 last night. The car just wants to go now! I was going to flash the transmission tune this weekend as most seem very happy with the results. Just missing a catted DP now but $1400 for a Fabspeed one seems pretty steep. Maybe in the spring....
I got the fabspeed for $900 from a guy on the forums. I've seem them pop up every so often. Best thing is no CEL so far but it's only been a couple of days. If I was outside of Cali, I'll go catless all the way..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 11:38 PM   #8
Yungsta
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
How are your logs looking on our sh*tty California 91 octane gas?
I'm running Stage 2 ACN91 map to play it safe...
Yeah one of the many joys of living in Cali with our strict emission laws and expensive shitty gas lol. Havent had a chance to log, hopefully this Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
btetier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i M-Sport

lol yeah i thought the same thing after going FBO, but now im looking into upgraded fueling and turbos BUT, i dont live in Cali so i bought a $100 catless dp, didnt need that insanely expensive high flow cat lol
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Nice

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0