F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > BMW F30/31 adaptive suspension + lowering springs?
Studio RSR

09-23-2019, 02:54 AM   #1
Ace320
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: F31 M Sport, 6MT, Alpine White

Garage List
BMW F30/31 adaptive suspension + lowering springs?

Hi.

My dad has 2014 320d xDrive M Sport with Adaptive M suspension and car is really high, he would like to get lowering springs like H&R 28832-2 or Eibach Pro-Kit.

He would like to know does lowering car will have any side effects for the adaptive suspension + the car is xDrive?

H&R - https://www.tunershop.it/molle-h-r-2...rformance.html

Eibach - https://www.ebay.it/itm/EIBACH-PROKI...a391%7Ciid%3A1
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
Techno 9000
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435D Estoril Blue

Hi,

No experience of the springs you mention, nor the 320 model.

However, I had AC Schnitzer springs fitted to my 2015 435D X that has Adaptive dampers. They lowered the car by 18mm at the front axle and 30mm at the rear axle.

The result was a more controlled body movement over undulations in the road, with less of the 'boaty' sway that could occur over certain undulations in the road with the OEM springs.
There is more feeling of the smaller defects in the road surface with the OEM Bridgestone 19" run flat tyres, but I've gone over to 'go-flat' tyres that have reduced this effect.

The Adaptive dampers seem to work well, Comfort feels good enough, Sport that bit firmer, which isn't ideal for most of the roads in my area, but the options there when I feel like it.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 01:47 PM   #3
Ace320
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: F31 M Sport, 6MT, Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno 9000 View Post
Hi,

No experience of the springs you mention, nor the 320 model.

However, I had AC Schnitzer springs fitted to my 2015 435D X that has Adaptive dampers. They lowered the car by 18mm at the front axle and 30mm at the rear axle.

The result was a more controlled body movement over undulations in the road, with less of the 'boaty' sway that could occur over certain undulations in the road with the OEM springs.
There is more feeling of the smaller defects in the road surface with the OEM Bridgestone 19" run flat tyres, but I've gone over to 'go-flat' tyres that have reduced this effect.

The Adaptive dampers seem to work well, Comfort feels good enough, Sport that bit firmer, which isn't ideal for most of the roads in my area, but the options there when I feel like it.

Thanks for the info!

Biggest concern that my dad has is that adaptive suspension will not work properly if he lowers the car too much, he has ordered Eibach Pro-Kit which will do -30mm at the front and -25 on the rear axle.
Appreciate 0