E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 Lux Angel Eyes

09-14-2019, 10:35 PM   #1
DennisHD
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

E90 Lux Angel Eyes

Hey fellow e90 owners, first time posting here. I just had a few questions regarding my BMW. I have a pre-lci 2007 328xi BMW and I was wondering if anyone has ever had experience with installing lux angel eyes? I'm trying to make my stock headlights to look more aesthetic so I'd appreciate any tips! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 11:24 PM   #2
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Easy mod and definitely makes the car look more modern. Make sure you put the caps on the back of the headlights back on correctly, if not youll get moisture in there.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:54 AM   #3
6Inarowmakesitgo!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

straight forward and easy to install. A long and skinny flatbladed screwdriver makes removing the caps easy. You will have to remove the front wheels and the front portion of the fender liner to access them.

Make sure the spade terminals are tight on the connections, I needed to pinch mine with pliers to tighten them up. When installing the screws that hold the bulb in place, get them finger tight and push gently upwards so the bulb is level and as high as it can go. They can be installed upside down, so make sure the orientation is correct!

When installing the covers, inspect the seal and make sure they are properly seated on the cover and then latch the top clip first then the bottom. There will be an audibly loud snap as they latch into place. I used just a whiff of wd40 on the seals to ease install of the covers.

They look great in my opinion.
      09-15-2019, 08:10 AM   #4
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

If the pic in your sig is a picture of your headlights, then you have the wrong headlights to add LUX angel eyes. The LUX units are only for the HID headlights. Halogen headlights do not have light rings.

If your car does have HID, then the LUX bulb swap is straightforward. The easiest way to install the angle eye bulbs is to remove the road wheel and front inner fender lining to gain access the to back of the headlight housing. There are several DIYs in the DIY section to walk you through the procedure.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #5
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisHD View Post
Hey fellow e90 owners, first time posting here. I just had a few questions regarding my BMW. I have a pre-lci 2007 328xi BMW and I was wondering if anyone has ever had experience with installing lux angel eyes? I'm trying to make my stock headlights to look more aesthetic so I'd appreciate any tips! Thanks
If you have HID lamps, the Lux v7 are the brightest ones on the market.

I would suggest getting a 6500k led set of h11 fog lights to match.

You can use Carly or NCS Expert to tell the FRM module not to check for voltage and thus not generate a code. The new Bimmergeeks app probably does this as well.
Appreciate 0