F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Trouble figuring out JB4
Extreme Powerhouse

09-10-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
jeffwiinF36
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe F36

Trouble figuring out JB4

Hey y'all,

Sorry to sound like a noob, I'm new to this piggyback tune install but I've decided to get a JB4 for my N26 428i; I've seen a couple install vids and figured that it would be an easy install based on what I was seeing.

I decided to purchase a used JB4 from a fellow member and upon receiving the unit, it looks totally different from what I've seen on the BMS site and in videos.

Is this an old unit? I've only seen them in a rectangular shape and I wanted to connect the unit via OBDII but it seems as if the entire connection to that was cut. Wonder if any of y'all would be able to help out as I'm totally confused with what is going on. Attached are some pics of how I got it, thanks!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 02:10 AM   #2
didisinned
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i

err yeah this model is totally different from the one i bought for my 428i. Did you check with the person selling it that it's for the N20/N26? Talk to Burgermotorsports website's website chat. They are super helpful, I think they'll be able to answer your questions regarding this.
Appreciate 0