BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #1
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D Msport+

Rear door unlock - intermittent problem

Seem to have an issue with the rear drivers side door. I usually throw my coat and bag on the rear seat/footwell. Sometimes when exiting the car I go to open the rear door and it is locked - as though the central locking hasn't properly unlocked all the doors when I exit the car. To unlock I have to press the key fob.

Seems random, 9/10 times there's no problem but when it does it it drives me nuts. Has anyone else had any similar issues?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G01 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.bands View Post
Seem to have an issue with the rear drivers side door. I usually throw my coat and bag on the rear seat/footwell. Sometimes when exiting the car I go to open the rear door and it is locked - as though the central locking hasn't properly unlocked all the doors when I exit the car. To unlock I have to press the key fob.

Seems random, 9/10 times there's no problem but when it does it it drives me nuts. Has anyone else had any similar issues?
If you open the drivers door to early, before the ECU controlling the unlock functionality discovers that the start/stop button is pressed, then this can happen. Same thing with the radio turning off, or stays on for a bit.
      09-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #3
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D Msport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogren View Post
If you open the drivers door to early, before the ECU controlling the unlock functionality discovers that the start/stop button is pressed, then this can happen. Same thing with the radio turning off, or stays on for a bit.
Cheers for the info. I'll try ensuring I press the stop button before I open the door in future and see if it happens again. Still annoying though.....
Appreciate 0